33

Fallon had insisted I take back my key when we made up. In our minds, we were practically married, so it only made sense.

It was four days before our two-month anniversary and I wanted it to be special. We had only been back together three weeks, but in my sixteen-year-old mind that was more than enough time to fall back into our old routine. 

Fallon only had an 8:30 class on Friday's, and so I skipped school to surprise him when he got home. I had this romantic idea that I would set the mood with music and some incense that did not really smell like roses and we would spend the rest of the day making love.

Fallon dragged himself into his bedroom, exhausted by a busy week of work and school, surprised to see me sitting on his bed in nothing but the vintage Ramones concert shirt.

"Hey, Kid...?" he greeted me, gnawing away on his nicotine gum.

A week into making up, I asked Fallon to quit smoking. I was ready to hold a full presentation about how horrible it was for him, but when I asked he just immediately agreed. Fallon was willing to do anything I wanted as long as it kept a smile on my face, supplementing his addiction with large amounts of gum and weed.

"Happy monthiversary!" I cheered, sitting up on my knees, excited to see him.

"Isn't our anniversary on September fourteenth?" Fallon asked, closing the door and dropping his bag.

Our anniversary was August ninth. I wanted to make up for the missed September with an expensive gift and below mediocre sex.

"You forgot?" My smile faded into a pout.

Fallon mimicked my sad face, leaning against the door and beckoning me over with his finger. I refused, crossing my arms and insisting I did not look so childish. He just laughed.

"I can never forget you, Rue. We met on April seventh, June eleventh was our first kiss, August ninth was our first time we—" Fallon listed.

"No, it's when you asked me to be your girlfriend." I frowned.

"That too, but I wasn't sure you wanted to—" he explained with the threat of a smile at his lips.

"Celebrate my first anniversary with my first real boyfriend?" I spat, trying to ignore the pleased smile that sentence brought to his face.

As far as Fallon was concerned, Kellen and I never happened and I was more than happy to oblige.

"It's fine. I got you this," I sighed, getting to my feet and looking at the black shirt that stopped at my thighs.

"If you got me that, then why are you wearing it?" Fallon smirked, walking over and wrapping his arms around me.

"Because I'm the gift, the shirt is just the wrapping." I smiled.

Fallon gave me a swoon-worthy half-smile as he gnawed at his gum while caressing my waist. "I thought we were waiting for our anniversary," he recalled as I stood on the tips of my toes, kissing him softly beside the lips.

"It is our anniversary," I reminded him.

I wrapped my legs around Fallon's waist as he scooped me in his arms, kissing me softly as he carried me over to the bed.

"As much as I want my gift..." he mused, setting me down at the edge of the bed, "I'm exhausted, Rue. Can we take a nap?"

I couldn't understand his basic need for rest. As far as I was concerned, all men were one-dimensional beings that thought with their dicks. Hopping off the bed, I turned around to display the heart shape bow in my panties.