Authors Note

Update April 9th 2024

Hey readers. Due to the Wattpad guidelines going into effect on the 15th and how vague they are with the "No depictions" Rule. I'm going to alter or over all delete some chapters where Rue loses her virginity at 16 and has a sex scene at 17. Though those chapters are not graphic and more mention how she felt emotionally I would rather be safe than sorry so with that said, I'm unsure how I will edit the scene where her mother walks in on her. It may not make sense but as said this is the original book so I'm not going to be too in-depth about it and changing the ages for this version over all wont make sense to the plot. If something seems to be missing or skipped that is why. 

UPDATE April 12th 2023

Thank you for reading The Story Of Us. This is the original unedited draft. The chapters are very long and unedited but I left it up for those who have this book saved to their library. If you are here because you are reading the new version and are looking for spoilers. I'm protecting you from yourself by saying while some things may be familiar a lot of this story has nothing to do with the other. You will notice that some of the characters and themes are the same a lot in this version is different including names, ages, locations, personalities, and backgrounds of the characters. You'll also notice this was written very differently from the new one style-wise so think of it as a new book entirely.

If this is your first time reading this story, the following chapters will be a sample of the new content and you can find it in The Story Of Us Series Libary. If you want to skip to the original story it will be found here past the "To Be Continued Chapter" Feel free to read both because as stated above they will be different but unlike the other, this one will be left in a cliffhanger and you will not meet a lot of main characters found in the latest. Either way Enjoy don't forget to like, comment and share with a friend. 

STORY DESCRIPTION

When she is abandoned by Mr. Perfect, a woman with BPD & a history of abuse uses a journal to revisit her dark past to find what about her makes the people she loves run for the hills. Overwhelmed by her imploding love life, Rue agrees to two weeks of meaningless sex with her first love & best friend Fallon. The hopeless romantic learning some things are better left in the past.

Authors Note

Thank you for reading The Story Of Us, book one of the series following Rue, a hopeless romantic with a history of trauma and mental health issues. Dark, yeah, I know. Which is why I felt a note and some warnings should be in place. This is an unedited version of the story so there are a few errors I'm not exactly proud of but it's my first story and when I get back to it I know it will be twice as amazing. 

"Intended Audience"

First and foremost, when I say this story is for MATURE audiences I don't mean mature for your age, I mean as per guidelines preferably 18+ because this story is explicit and doesn't shy away from anything. Whereas it was, let's say... therapeutic for me to write, I never aspired to be a role model and so this is my "I didn't tell your kid to read this." disclaimer.

"The inspiration..."

I am a fan of dark romance when written well or purposefully bad (As long as the smut is A-1) but when reading long enough I found a pattern of tokenism that I didn't appreciate and mental health issues used as a climax instead of an ever presence that in my opinion is blatantly present in these stories.