CHAPTER | 02

Elora Pov~

One month Later

"Congratulations you're four weeks pregnant." The doctor announced.

My mouth hang open at the news. I'm sure my soul left my body for a minute there. We both stared at each other with dead silence floating around us the only sound heard was the ticking of the clock. "Wh-Huh?" I asked coming back to my senses.

"Well, I ran a pregnancy test and it came back positive." She said smiling at me. There's nothing here to smile about woman.

"But how's that possible? I thought It was just a fever." I've been sick for the pass few weeks so I decided to visit the doctor. And now I'm greeted with this.

I'm pregnant!!

"Nope it's pregnancy symptoms." She frowns. "And if you're having unprotected sex what did you expect?"

"But I'm a vir- shit." I totally forgot about that night. I forgot that I'm not so innocent anymore. But how is that possible? I'm certain that he did used protection, unless... it bursted. Oh my god am I that unlucky?

Well it's better than being tested positive for something else.

"Ah...Okay." My body felt numb all over.

Her face held concerned. "You Okay?"

No

"Yes."

She spend the next 20 minutes telling me what I'll experience during the early months of the pregnancy and also give me a printed paper with the list of things that I should and should not eat. I'll be having appointments with her once a month until I give birth. Even the thought of giving birth freaks me out. I've watched a lot of movies and educational videos with women giving birth and that shit looked painful. I wouldn't even mention the Caesarean section. I just hope I'm not having twins or I'll be dead before labor.

You're being a little too Dramatic.

It's not being dramatic I'm just scared.

After the session was over I visited Ted because he was at the same hospital. He's alright now out of the danger zone, thankfully. I just need to know that my brother is safe and sound.

"Hey big head, wassup." I smiled mischievously when I saw a scowl appear on his bruised face.

Haha sucker.

"Even when I'm sick you still manage to annoy me." Ted is like a male version of mom only thing he got from dad was his ginger afro I on the other hand got mom's black curly hair and look like my grandmother (father's mother) when she was younger. Poor dad.
I miss my parents but let's not go there.

"That's what you get for almost leaving me. Do you know how lonely it gets when you're not around? I also have to do all the house chores alone." I complained with a pout.

He rolled his eyes and smile. "I'm sorry little one."

I cringed. "I'm a big girl now, in fact, I'm a grown woman so stop calling me little one."

He chuckled, amused. "Yea keep telling yourself that. You're still my baby sister no matter what. Still that little girl who would struggle to climb up on my bed at night because you had a nightmare."

"Ok ok enough with the cheesy talk. Did you eat something?" I ask checking his food table. I made sure to buy enough food for him the day his surgeries were complete.

"I'm not hungry." He grumbled.

This guy. "Ted you need to eat, remember what the doctor said-"

"Yea yea I remember what he said." He mumbles cutting me off. He huffed and turned his head away from me, childish.