CHAPTER | 24

[NOT EDITED]

Elora Pov~

We've arrived at the airport and are now on the plane that Victor booked... well the plane is his, his private jet, whatever. Everyone was in taking their seats, I take a window seat and Victor sat beside me. He didn't say anything at first be then I felt his hand sweep under my fingers and grasp my hand, I look at him and he give me a comforting smile.

I chuckle and he frowns. "What?"

"You should smile more often," I state looking back at him.

"Not my style." He struggled, then leans back and close his eyes.

"What if they hurt her?" I suddenly asked as that question was running through my head the whole time.

His eyes snap open and his head turns towards me. "They won't..." He gently squeeze my hand that he was holding. "Not while I'm alive."

I sigh in frustration as things began to run through my head. "It's all my fault, Victor. This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't dated Gray."

His jaw clenched at the mention of Gray. "Don't blame yourself you didn't see this coming."

"I still feel guilty though."

"Look at me." His hand held my chin and he lift my face to meet his gaze. "I've been an asshole to you and that kid, I wasn't in Brianna's life since now, you could have aborted her but you didn't. You did a great job raising her despite the challenges, what I'm trying to say is you're an excellent mom. Stop beating up yourself, nothing will happen to our daughter I'll make sure of that. Just trust me, okay?"

I nod my head. "Okay..." I chuckle and wipe my tears. "Thanks for that."

"Thanks for trusting me."

His hand was still on my chin, holding my head in place. My smile faded as I gazed into his gray eyes, the air grows tighter. He started lowering his head closer to mine and I shamelessly closed my eyes awaiting the kiss as soon as his lips were near my own, but-

His lips touched my cheek and slowly pulls towards my ear. "You stink." He whispers.

My eyes snap open and I pushed him away with a glare. "I see some things haven't changed."

He laughs at me, leaning back in the seat. "As much as I would like to devour those sweet lips, your brother looks like he'll put me six feet deep if I do."

I look at Ted who was sitting on the seat next to us in the right-hand corner. Gabby was talking to him but he ignore her, staring at me with a deadly glare, chills runs down my spine. I nervously smile at him then sink into my seat hiding my face behind Victor.

"As if I wanted to kiss you," I mumbled.

He smirked with his eyes still closed. "There's no need to lie now." His smirk falls and he opens his eyes to meet mine. "I want to kiss you too... so bad it haunts me every time I lay my head to rest."

Shocked at his words, my mouth fall agape.

He chuckles. "And there's so many more things that I'd love to do, to you." He stands to his feet and gives me one last look. "You should get some rest." With that, he heads into the cockpit.

I was bomb struck by his words, I watched as he disappeared behind the door. What does he mean by that? "There's so many more things that I'd love to do to you"... ugh this man knows how to confuse me. I hold my cheek and a smile slowly creeps up on my face. Dammit, why am I acting like a teenager who had just spoken to her crush?

After minutes of thinking about Brianna and Victor's words, I finally fall asleep. But not even sleep can bring me peace as I began having a nightmare.

I found myself in a hospital hallway. Although it was quiet, I could hear a distant beeping sound, so I followed it to find a room. I entered the room and a small body was lying on a hospital bed, and Brianna's face was visible. I stretched out my hands to grab her, but they were stained with blood and dirt. I started breathing heavily, and the heart monitor beeped more frequently as if it were keeping rhythm with my breathing. The heart monitor abruptly kicked off beeping rapidly while two doctors were writing on notepads and muttering to one another. I watch in sorrow as the line goes dead. One of the physicians' heads snapped to me as I saw them draw the white sheet over her head, and it was Gray. He runs in my direction in an abnormal form, laughing insanely and his once pearly white coat turns red, dripping blood. "Elooora! You should-"

"Wake up."

I gasps and catch my breath grasping someone's shoulder as I was drawn back to reality. Victor started at me for a while before handing me a chocolate bar. "You alright? We'll be landing in an hour and a half."

I quickly nod trying to get back my senses. Sweat was pouring from my face by the terror I just dreamt of. "You got any updates from the police?"

He chuckles and sits next to me, his cologne hit my nose which smells so good, unlike me who smells like blood and sweat. Surprisingly this time he was wearing gray sweats and a white dressing shirt which he tuck inside the sweatpants. The sleeves of his shirt were unbuttoned and rolled up showing his hand tats. "We're on a plane remember? Airplane mode."

"Oh shoot I forgot."

"As soon as we land I'll get to it."

Again I just nod and eat a piece of the chocolate, then I gulp down a bottle of water that I had earlier.

"What?" I snapped at Victor who was watching me all along.

"I can't look at you now?" I look at him already expecting his playboy smirk.

I roll my eyes. "By the way how did you know where to find me?" I asked.

He sighs with a chuckle in between. "Well..."

He spends the rest of the flight telling me the whole story, detail by detail.

"I knew something was off with Danny I just couldn't put my finger on it..." I whisper narrowing my eyes. "But now I see."

Victor had a smug smile on his face. "Oh really?"

I nudge his side. "Don't give me that look. I've always told you that I'm not comfortable with Danny but big bad Victor always turns it into a big argument."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I'll trust your instincts next time."

"And what do Brianna and I have to do with Liydia wanting your company?" That's one thing I can't understand for sure.

"Well it looks like her plan was to capture you both and in that way, it would be easier to have me sign whatever agreement paper she has, then" He snaps his fingers. "the company turns over to her."

"Oh..."