CHAPTER | 09

Elora Pov~

"Yes, tomorrow's meeting is canceled."

Ugh!He has been on his phone the entire time, talking about business, business deals, and business trips. It's very disrespectful, he invites me here to talk, and now he's utterly ignoring me. The excessive chatting has spun my brain. I could have been home cuddling with Brianna over a bug jar of ice cream while watching cartoons.

"Arrange a meeting with Fernando Martinez, Wednesday pm sharp-"

"Are you done, Mr. Darius?" I butted in.

He gives me a sidelong glance and raises his index finger. "Just do that." He said and he end the call. "What is the problem, Ms. Walters?" He asked with a teasing smirk.

"I'm sure you didn't invite me here to listen to your business talks." I snapped, I could tell he's a work addict.

He stopped a waiter who was passing by. "Please, a glass of champagne for the lady."

"Okay, Sir." Between the dripping crystal of champagne, we lock gazes. I kept my poker face whilst he smirked stupidly adjusting his tie. The waiter moved on to another table after he was finished.

"Why the rush, love?"

I dangerously narrow my eyes at him "I'm not your love." I said and took a sip of my champagne The restaurant is exquisite, and the view is magnificent. We were seated at a table next to a glass panel that overlooks the Eiffel Tower and the dazzling city lights.

"So disrespectful. You know, a lot of females would be honored to share this moment with me." He openly stated, pointing to the table beside us. I turn around to find two girls my age, one shyly smiling at him and the other biting her lips with a seductive expression on her face.

I groan and roll my eyes at their actions, some girls are so shameless. "What do you want, Victor?"

"Our daughter."

I raised my eyebrows. "What about her." I know where this is going. He wasn't as cocky as before; instead, he had a professional expression on his face. One thing I noticed about him is that he can change personalities in an instant. Bipolar much.

"Don't play dumb with me, we both know what I want." He said, maintaining eye contact.

"I'm a mind reader now?"

"Elora." He groan and loosen his tie then unbuttoned some of his shirt buttons.

It took everything in me to not let my gaze drift to his chest. "What?"

"The once-a-month encounter?"

"No."

Why are you so stubborn?

I chuckle at his remark because he is the stubborn one here. Why is it that he can't take no for an answer? Two years ago, he wanted me to abort her, and now he wants to spend time with her. "I should be asking you that question."

"Just give me another chance." He hissed and slammed his hands on the table, knocking a glass off the table. The cracking thud causes everyone nearby to gasp. He muttered, "Sorry."

"It's fine. I mean, I wasn't expecting anything better." I spat and grabbed my purse as I prepared to go. This guy has a knack for getting on my nerves. I've wasted three hours of my time.

"Where are you going?" He asked, also standing.

"Have a pleasant evening. And thank you for squandering my time." I flatly stated and walked away. Coming in here and acting like you're in charge of me.