CHAPTER | 18

Victor Pov~

I'm tired asf I've been working in my office the whole day and now I can't feel his fingers due to the excessive typing. All this because of backstabbing thief that I had working in my company. I recently found out that Lydia paid off my assistant manager to steal from the company, and now a few important documents are missing. I'm way past pissed, not even the two bottles of whiskey are taking effect to make me feel any better.

I came to realize that the only way to deal with Lydia is the hard way, which leads me back to the divorce papers. Every time I send them to her for signature, they constantly come back in threads. I'll surely give her what she's looking for.

Now mother is driving me crazy with this twin shit, have me traveling to London every second to undergo tests and solve this mysterious puzzle that appeared out of nowhere. Sure, I was aware that I had a twin brother, but I was also informed that he had passed away during delivery, so this is just perplexing and the least of my problem.

I checked the time and realized it was a little late and Brianna will be here soon. I made my way to my room to change into comfortable clothing. Where is Elora evening going and with whom? Never in my player career would I have imagined that a girl could make me feel this weak. Although I would never acknowledge it, my ego forbids me from saying so to anyone, let alone her. I'd much rather be lashed and beaten.

Not like she has the same feelings.

"Sir, Brianna has arrived."

I furrowed my brows in confusion as I examined the young maid whose uniform was shorter than it was intended to be then there's her seductive cake face.

"This is the third time for the week. What did I tell you about barging into my room without knocking first?" I asked while maintaining a poker look.

She lowers her head fiddling with her dress, raising it higher than it already was to reveal her legs. "Sir, I apologize. It won't happen again."

"Who exactly gave you that uniform, do you think I'm running a whore house? I propose you fix it before tomorrow if you want to keep your job." I spat.

"I will fix it, sir." She responds with a little nod, holding her gaze on the tile floor.

"Leave."

She quickly pulls back and exits the room. I hurry downstairs to see my princess. She was seated on one of the sofas swinging her little feet as she hum a tune.

She looks to where I was standing after I make my presence known by clearing my throat, and the little firecracker squeals as she tries to get off the couch. She then run to me after the was mission accomplished.

"Daddy!" She jumped into my arms without hesitation and I couldn't be happier.

"Hey, princess." I hug her as I move over to the sofa, where I sit with her in my lap. "Someone seem delighted to see me." She innocently nods, flashing the deep dimples on her chubby cheeks, and I grin foolishly.

"Yup." She replies popping the p'.

I smile helplessly not knowing what else to do, I really hate that memory of me wanting this baby terminated. Every time I look at her innocent face, I have a wave of guilt that I am unable to express.

I feel a light tap on my nose, the smiling toddler leans her head to the side with her tiny hands placed on my jawline. "Earth daddy."

I chuckle at her statement. "I'm here hun, back to earth."

"Where you thinking about Mommy?" Her lips raised into a little smirk.

This little munchkin did not amuse me considering I had already seen how much of my mischievous character she inherited.