CHAPTER | 08

Elora Pov~

As I stare in horror at the crying toddler, I awkwardly smile at the people to assure them that I'm not some abusive mother. It is the first time I have experienced something like this. Today is Brianna's of pre-school which is why she's crying and grabbing my leg.

"Mama!" she wails, reaching out to me. Dammit, I never thought about whooping my child, but now I am reconsidering.

You don't mean that.

I'm even running late for work. I should have been planning a wedding hours ago, but it will have to wait. I take in a deep breath and pick her up. "Shhh," I cooed as I searched for the bathroom. She got snot and tears all over her face and I need to clean it off. "Excuse me," I shout stopping a man I saw walking down the school's hallway. He was holding a cute little boy. The boy seems to be Brianna's age. "Do you know where I can find the bathroom?" I ask politely with a timid smile but it fades when I see who it was. "You." I scold glaring at the man.

He smirks. "What about me?"

"Victor, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Here at the school or in Paris?" He asked with a Chuckle adjusting the little boy in his arms.

Is he his son- it's none of my business anyway. I don't care. "Both," I said, taking my gaze from the adorable baby boy.

"I'm dropping off Jason on his first day of school since his mother couldn't make it." He said smiling at the little boy.

So I was right it's his son. "Oh, well if you will excuse me I need to go clean my baby up," I said walking past him.

"Lora." His deep voice calls sending chills down my spine. Why does he have that effect on me?

"What?"

"The bathroom is this way." I turn to see him pointing in the opposite direction from where I was walking.

I mumble a small thank you and walk in the direction which he pointed to. I spot the bathroom right away and enter. "You've got to be kidding me," I mumble when I see Brianna drifting off to sleep. "Baby wake up."

"Mommy I hate it." She sobs burying her face in my chest.

"I know baby I hate it here too," I said petting her hair.

Her bright doe eyes look up at me with hope. "Weelly?" She asked cutely leaning her head to the side.

I chuckle at her and raffle her hair. "Yea sweetie."

"You ain't doing a good job telling her that." Someone said which causes me to flinch in fright. "The f- bruh you scared me." I glare at a boyish-looking man who has an apologetic smile on his face.

"Sorry about that. I'm Asher this little pumpkin dad." He said stepping aside, exposing a ginger hair toddler.

"Hi." She shyly greets waving her tiny hand.

"Hey sweetie." I greet giving her a smile of my own. "I'm Elora and this is my daughter Brianna."

"I guess it's not going well with her." The man who I learn is Asher said referring to Bree.