CHAPTER | 17

Elora Pov~

Back from Brianna's doctor's appointment we headed home after making a few stops to place some orders for her approaching birthday, my baby will be turning four in three days. Victor suggested that we throw a birthday party for her, which I agreed to. Though I would much rather bring her out to enjoy her little self, the party is much as good.

"Show mommy where you hid the speakers," I said, as I helped her out of the car and open the door to the house so she could go inside.

"Otay."

I followed in silence as she made her way toward the passageway connecting the dining area and kitchen. Then, she crept underneath the dining table and removed something from inside.

"Here." She mutters as she hands the tiny speaker to me.

This is beginning to feel illegal as she moves further into the kitchen and removes another speaker from a well-hidden kitchen counter. "One more mama."

I then followed her to her room and she handed me a next speaker that she had stashed in her drawer. "Now listen clearly Brianna Tory Walters, you won't get away with such cunning behavior from me again without consequences. Understood?"

"Yes Mommy."

"Good." I kiss the pouting toddler on her chubby cheeks before returning to the kitchen to get us some snacks. Which reminds me to call the catering shop and place my order for her cake. I was thinking about a two-layer creamy vanilla fruit cake with the fruits on the top, maybe pineapple, berry, strawberry, and kiwi. I was also thinking about getting some cream-filled donuts and chocolate chip cookies, I'm sure she would love that.

"Bree, let's go to my room," I shout as I pass her room walking to mine. Her face lit up when she saw me carrying the snacks, which included the jar of ice cream I saw her attempting to take from the freezer the night before. She was standing on a stool twice her size with the freezer door wide open as she tried to reach for the thing.

She tried to climb on my bed but after a couple of failed attempts and frustrating huffs. She turns to me with her hands set on her side. "Mommy."

"Yes baby?"

"Uppie pwease." She begged me while holding out her hands.

I laugh at her gesture as I lift her just as she asked then set her gently on the bed. "You're so cute."

She gives me a toothy grin, "I'm mama cute baby."

"And also mama's rude and naughty baby." I tease going back to the hidden speakers, I still can't believe it, I mean I can understand Victor secretly putting a speaker in my car, etc. but I wasn't anticipating that this adorable little demon in disguise would be responsible.

She shakes her head swiftly with a surprised look. "Noooo, M nice mommy."

"Nice? You have caused a lot of trouble over the last few months." Just thinking about it, she has become troublesome, always sporting that sly grin and the sneaky smirk that make me think of her father. I think he's rubbings off on her, not good.

"But..." She sighs softly and grabs my face in her tiny hands while pouting. "Sworry."

I couldn't help but smile at her cuteness. "It's alright pumpkin." I sit next to her on the bed making sure to grab the remote during that time. Nothing is eviler than being comfy in your bed but then having to break free from that comfiness to get the remote.

"What should we watch today?" I asked her as I scroll through Netflix on the TV.

"Sus in boot."

"Okay puss in boots it is." I give her a large bag of chips and place the jug of ice cream in the middle of the bed while holding my pizza slice.