CHAPTER | 25

Elora Pov~

"Mommy!"

I ignore all the police yelling at me to stop, I rush to Brianna crying tears of Joy. "Hey, baby! Are you okay?" 

I start searching her body for any bruises or marks even though the police had called earlier saying that she was safe and sound, but they didn't catch the fuckers who had her.

She nods her head and holds up her pinky which had a pink band-aid wrapped around it. "I have an ouchie! The nice nurse took care of it."

I chuckle holding her little hands and kiss her wounded finger. "That's nice baby."

"I missed you." She giggled taping my nose cutely. "You owe me fruits and lots of cuddles."

I laugh at her demand. "I know hun."

"Hey, angel."

Brianna pouts at the sight of Victor and folds her little arms.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, is this the welcome I get?" He asked stooping to her level with a smirk.

"You left me with the meanies."

Victor playfully gasps. "I would never do such a horrible thing."

She pouts but then her eyes brighten as her injured pinky catches her eyes. "Look Dad I got an ouchie and the nice nurse fix it, I didn't cry either."

"That's my brave girl." Victor pinches her cubby cheek smiling at her. "Hey, I'm going to borrow Mommy for a second okay?"

Brianna nods with a smile, swinging her little feet. "Otay."

His eyes glance at me before he holds my hand and pulls me to the side away from everyone. "They killed Ms.Taylor."

I gasp, "What?"

That's when I saw two policemen wheeling out a bed with a body laying in a body bag. I cover my mouth in shock, I've only met Ms. Taylor twice and she was an angel
How could someone be this cruel to harm the innocent? For what? Money.

"I'll be leaving for an hour or two... maybe more. I need to take care of something."

I rip my eyes from the body bag and rest my gaze on Victor, he was tense. "What's that?"

He sighs and gently brushes a strain of my hair behind my ears. "Don't worry about that just take Brianna home, I'll visit later."

Looking to see any form of clue or any giveaway, he held nothing but his poker face yet I can sense that something is off. "I know what you're up to."

He smirks, lighting a blunt. "Yea? And what's that."

I roll my eyes. "Just be careful. Okay?"

He hums and puffs out some smoke. "I'll be back."

~Time Skips~

I was back at my place, Ted and Gabriel will be crashing here for the week until their flight date. I made sure to take a warm bath to wash off all the blood and sweat that was caked up on my body, I smelled terrible but thank God that's over.

Everyone was sleeping by now but I was still up, doing some cleaning in the kitchen from the feast we had earlier. It was raining outside, the weather news reports that there'll be thunderstorms tonight and scattered showers in the morning. I'm actually glad for the rain tonight, sleeping while it's raining hits differently.

I heard a knock on the main door, I paused from wiping the kitchen counter listening for another sound but nothing. I ignore the sound claiming it was just thunder as I  continue to the counter. I carry on with this for a while before the doorbell rang. I curse under my breath, and I look at the door. It's almost midnight who could that be?