CHAPTER | 10

Elora Pov~

"Stop whining."

"We have been walking for 2 hours," I grumbled as I lazily rest my head on his shoulder. Yes, we're still walking, heading to our unknown destination. I'm exhausted, hungry, tired and-

"Stop being dramatic, it's only a 20-minute walk. And I'm the one walking, not you."

Oh...

"Where are we going?"

He sighs, drops me to my feet, and holds my hand to guide me in the dark. "Listen." He said, after a minute of silence.

Listening closely, I could hear the rush of water. Where the hell is he taking me? I'm stupid for leaving my phone in the car; if he kills me, I won't be able to call for help.

"Don't tell me you're going to kill me and dump my body in a running stream." He clears a large limb out of the way, revealing a blue, crystal-clear river. It's so clear that I can see the fish swimming around. The moon gleamed brightly in the water, giving it a sparkling appearance. I must say, it's a magnificent setting; the brilliant lights of fireflies fluttering around drew my attention, along with the wildflowers and butterflies.

"I knew you would like it." His voice said, behind me, I turn around to see him smirking.

Ugh, that stupid smirk. Okay, I admit it, I do like it. Good scenery is my weakness. "Why did you bring me here?"

"To talk." He pulls me to a nearby stone bench. "Just give me a chance to speak." He said and sits pulling me down with him.

I took my hand out of his and sit at a safe distance. I think we've been too close for the past few minutes. "Okay, go ahead."

"So I know I've fucked up, I did you and Brianna wrong. I know how you feel-"

"Do you?" I asked with a bitter chuckle.

"Elora, please forgive me."

"Give me a good reason why I should."

He smiles slightly as he turns to me. "Because I admit to my mistake, I am truly sorry and you can see that I'm trying to make things right. I want to be a better father, it's not too late."

I search his facial expression before answering. He also looks at me as he waits for my answer. "Okay one-shot, If you mess this up then that's on you."

"I promise I won't mess up again."

I roll my eyes with a scoff. "You better not."

He hummed in response and after that we both sit in silence staring at the sky. I have been thinking about it for the past few days, he seems like he really regrets what he did. I just want to give him the next chance, only for Brianna, seeing Asher with Ashley at the school also pushed me to do this. I want Brianna to feel that love too, a father's love, I hope I'm making the right decision.

And that sweet baby boy of his, I hope he and Brianna will be kind to each other and don't pick fights. "What about your son?" I asked.

He snap out of his dazed and turn to look at me. "My what?" He asked looking confused.

I scowl at him, seriously. "Your son Victor, the baby boy you carried at the pre-school."

He chuckled, looking back at the sky. "Brianna is the only child I have babe."

"Then who was he? And don't call me that."

He look at me with a smirk. "My baby cousin and I will call you whatever I want."

His cousin I swear it was his son, "Then what about your wife." I asked ignoring his last statement, I'm not in the mood to argue with him again.

He glare at me. "That will not be any problem, speaking of wife I have some unfinished business to deal with back home." He said, clenching his jaw.