Chapter 9

Y/n's POV:

"There you are! Paimon's been looking for you!" Paimon said.

After meeting the owner of the book, it was a weird meeting them, especially the h/c female. I went to Paimon, who was calling me and told her what happened.

"So you finally found the owner, and they ran away after you said your name?" Paimon asked.

"Y/n doesn't know why they look like they've seen a ghost when Y/n told her name." I said.

"Hey, Y/n. There's a lady over there waving to you." Paimon said, pointing at the unknown lady.

"Let's go and see what she wants."

"Welcome to the Adventure's Guild. Actually, I have had my eye on you for a long time." The female said.

"You've had your eye on Y/n, eh? Has she been causing some mischief?" Paimon said. I slightly glare at her.

"Oh, that is not what I meant at all. Being on the lookout for great adventures is part of the job. When I look at you, I see one with the potential to rival the great adventurers of legends." The unknown female said.

"Paimon sees it too. Paimon always feels safe adventuring with Y/n." Paimon said.

"Nevertheless, to the adventurer, experience is far more precious than potential. You must accumulate Adventure EXP to increase your Adventure Rank." The female said.

"Time is of the essence. Allow me to brief you on-" She was cut off by Paimon.

"Wait! Are you saying we're like, official adventurers now?" Paimon asked.

"Do not worry, the Adventure's Guild does not charge a membership fee or impose any kind of duties on its members. In short, there are lots of benefits but no drawbacks to become a member." The lady said.

"Alright then..." I said.

"Basically, the Adventure's Guild rewards you every time your Adventure Rank increases. Here is a new members' gift for you. You will need to return here to claim rewards in the future." The lady gave me a gift, I checked the gifts and put inside my bag.

"Without further ado, please allow me to officially welcome you, our new avid adventure, into the Guild! Here is your Adventurer Handbook." She handed me the handbook.

"This looks more like a marketing pamphlet..." I stare blankly at the handbook that was given to me.

"It is, in a way. But it has some practical uses too. It has a record of available commissions and rewards. Also it is also proof of your membership." The female said.

"Oh, and one more thing. Sometimes, you will find yourself stuck at a certain Adventure Rank. When this happens, you need to perform some impressive feats to gain further recognition from the Guild." She explained.

"Impressive feats? Sounds like hazing to me." Paimon said.

"They are simply specific adventures that allow you to ascend to the next Adventure Rank on completion. Ascension adventures, if you will. But that will come later. Opportunities to win recognition will come as you gain more adventure experience." The female said.

"That will do for today. We will have plenty of chances to meet again in the future. Ad astra abyssosque, Adventurer! With effort, you shall reach the stars and conquer the abyss!" She said.

Me and Paimon left the guild and go to the blacksmith. While I was walking, I saw a frying pan laying on the ground with a piece a paper in it. I grab the pan and the note and read.

Y/n, this frying pan is for you. I know what you are thinking that, why I gave you a frying pan. This frying pan will help you defeat the bad guys and I am aware that you don't have weapon. So this pan is going to be your weapon or you can use it to cook meals like an emergency food.

From: R̶a̶p̶u̶n̶z̶e̶l̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶n̶i̶e̶
The owner of the book

"Why is the frying pan going to be Y/n's weapon? Eh, Y/n still going to the blacksmith." I mumbled and continue walking.

"Eh? I can't believe she rejected my gift for her!"

"Y/n, just because she have the same name as you, you can't just give her your pan."

"Noah, will you please shut your mouth. Still, she's a child she doesn't have a weapon."

"You do know she's going to the blacksmith for weapons. And we have to go back our dimension, we are in the wrong book. This is also your fault for taking the commission."

"How is it my fault?! You were the one who tagged along with me! I was the one who will take the commission, NOT you!"

"I was curious, I mean who will take the commission just to find someone who's been burning every houses on January 15."

"Noah, it could possibly that Ray is here in Genshin. We've seen Ray burned down the orphanage on his birthday."

"We've already met Ray when we got isekai'd to Tpn. And he's already in their human world with Emma, Norman, and the kids."

"Emma..."

"You still miss her don't you?"

"Yeah... I know that she's no longer with me anymore..."