Chapter 16

Y/n's POV:

I couldn't believe what Paimon said to me that I almost killed Mister Kaeya. I wonder what made Veliona got angry at him.

"D-Did Y/n really do that?" I stuttered.

"Of course you did! Have you forgotten already? You challenge him to a dual." Paimon said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Paimon doesn't know. After you won the dual, you took the sword and said that you needed it even you said before that you didn't need it." Paimon explained.

I cover my face with my hands, I feel embarrassed what Veliona did to Mister Kaeya.

What if Mister Kaeya hates me?

What if he doesn't he help me find my siblings?

What if-

"/n... Y/n... Hey, Y/n!"

I snapped out with my thoughts and look at Paimon who's been calling me for a past minute.

"Paimon have been calling you for the past minute! You have been daydreaming." Paimon said.

"Sorry..." I apologize.

"Anyways, aren't we going to see Amber for your gliding exam?" Paimon asked.

"You're right. Y/n completely forget about that. Let's go find Miss Amber." I said.

Me and Paimon left the place and went to find Miss Amber. After searching for her, we saw her on top of the cliff. Now me and Paimon went up there and went to Miss Amber.

"Great, you're here! Did you have a good read through of the gliding manual? Got all the rules down?" Amber asked.

"Y/n mean, Y/n read it but..." I trailed off, not knowing how to answer her.

"Sound like it was a real drag. I would know, I've been there... The gliding manual is super dry... I couldn't get into it at all. Don't tell Jean though..." Amber said.

"Really? Hmm... Paimon thought there were some pretty cool stories in the gliding manual." Paimon said.

"Cool stories? Oh, you must mean the example cases in the Appendix. Some of them I like." Amber said.

"My favorite one is about the illegal Anemo Slime take off. Apparently, if you pop an Anemo Slime and take off in the burst of wind, it shoots you up really, really high... I really wanna try it!" She said.

"No, not that story. Paimon meant the one with the little bird who wanted to learn to fly." Paimon said.

"Ah... What...?" Amber looks surprised and look directly at me. I gave her the book to see for herself.

"Lemme take a look... Shoot, this is the storybook I used to read as a kid!" Amber said.

"Oops, sorry! I put both books in the same pile and must have grabbed the wrong one when I was leaving." Amber apologize for her mistake.

"How in the heck do you confuse a bedtime story with an instruction manual?" Paimon asked Amber.

"Ahh... This is so embarrassing..." Amber put her hands behind her back and looks her head down.

"It's because... Maybe deep down inside, that fairytale is the thing that truly taught me how to glide..." She said.

"What you lacked was not wind. It's courage that's allowed you to become the first flying birds of this world."

"Reading that gave me the courage to glide, to become an Outrider, and to become the Gliding Champion of Mondsadt... But anyway, let's back to the exam! Don't be nervous, just like you're used to." She said.