Chapter 8

A couple walked into the cafeteria both stunningly beautiful and yet so strange. Allison and Lydia observed them whilst listening in on Jessica's conversation with Allison's sister Bella.

Lydia was leaning into her best friend's arms as Allison was holding her possessively close to her. Lydia was used to this hold and settled into it even more enjoying the heat that radiated off of her best friend's body snuggling into her even more.

The couple walked in holding hands and walked towards the table right next to theirs that was completely empty.

"Who are they?" Allison and Lydia heard Bella say. "The Cullen's." Angela replies nicely answering Bella's question.

"They moved down from Alaska two years ago and they're all together, like together together" She said. "The big dark haired guy is Emmett and the blond girl is Rosalie." Another couple walked in this time a blond curly haired man and a short pixie like girl.

"The dark haired girl is Alice, she's really weird, and the guy who looks like he's in pain is Jasper. Him and Rosalie are twins." Jessica says. Finally the last Cullen walks into the school. This one seems to have caught Bella's attention.

"And him?" Bella asked. "That's Edward Cullen, he's gorgeous but apparently no one here is good enough for him, like I care you know." Jessica states. There was obviously a hint of bitterness in her voice. "But seriously don't go after him." Jessica stated.

"I wasn't." Bella said. You could hear the curiosity in her voice but also the lie she told was there as well. Bella kept sneaking glances at this Edward Cullen and Allison saw the way Edward was concentrating on Bella with frustration like she did something he didn't like.

Allison's pov

I saw some of the Cullen's looking over at Lydia and I. There was something unusual about them that irked me. (A/N:Italics are used when talking in another language)

"There's something unusual about the Cullen's." I told Lydia in Ancient Greek. She nodded in agreement. "What do you want to do?" Lydia asked in Ancient Greek as well.
"We could research some of my supernatural books for an answer." I murmured. Lydia hummed in agreement.

From the corner of my eye I saw the Cullen's eyebrow furrow at the unknown language reached their ears. "Add amber eyes, pale as a ghost, and enhanced sense and beauty to the list of things strange about them." I told Lydia. She nodded and mentally added all the information to her brain.

Lydia is like an Athena child as she's really smart just like them. I am no slouch myself and maintain a 4.0 gpa but Lydia has always proved that Aphrodite children can be just as smart and strong as any other demigod. She brought honour to her mother's name.

As soon as the bell to lunch rang I was out of my seat and had my arm firmly placed around Lydia's shoulder keeping her to my body. Lydia's arm immediately went around my waist as it normally did when I was feeling rather possessive and we went towards art class.

3rd person

In this class two of the Cullen's were in there. Jasper and Alice looked up when all of the scents of human blood vanished from the room. Jasper's whole body relaxed when it happened and his eyes turned a brighter amber.

Alice smiled at her mate and looked up to see what caused the scents to go away. There standing by the teachers desk was Allison Swan and Lydia Beaumont. "Alright girls why don't you take the table right next to Miss. Cullen and Mr. Hale.

Jasper and Alice raised their hands to indicate that the teacher Mr. Freeze meant them.

Allison and Lydia sat down right next to the vampires and it was like something clicked within both of the immortals and vampires. There was a sense of comradery amongst the four.

When class was finished Allison and Lydia had a free period which was meant to be last period so they walked out of the school and sat on the hood of Allison's car.

When the final bell rang students started to flood into the parking lot and immediately Bella rushed over to their car and asked a really weird question. "Do I smell?" She asked.

Allison's pov

Whatever I was expecting to come out of her mouth was not the question she asked. I looked at her funny. I leant in and smelled her.

She smelt of strawberries and old paper and ink which I thought smelt right for her. She's a bookworm after all. She smelled clean to me.

"You smell like strawberries, paper, and ink to me." I stated casually. I saw the Cullen's all looking over towards my direction.

"Why do you ask?" I questioned. "Edward Cullen looked like my smell revolted him as soon as I walked through the door." Something in me snapped a bit. My face turned into a sneer.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Allison asked looking at Bella completely serious. "Cause I will. Just say the word. It can be done by night fall." Allison said.

The Cullen's all looked at the girl curiously. "No I don't need him killed. Calm down Allison." Allison took a calming breath but nodded. "I can kick his ass for you then." Allison said.

Lydia smirked at the thought. "No it's all right he's just a jerk." Bella stated.

Allison nodded in acceptance. "Alright tell me if he gets on your nerves again. I'll kick his ass for you sis." Allison said. "I don't need any help but thanks Allison."

Over the next couple of days nothing really manor happened except Edward Cullen was not in school. Which upset Bella because she said she was going to confront him on his earlier behavior.

She had continuously stared at the Cullen's which was really annoying. I don't get why she's so curious about them. It's like her mind is on nothing but them all the time. Especially Edward.

When Edward did come back it was on a Monday. He had been absent for an entire week and now that he was back Bella couldn't help but stare.

She had him for Biology bit since neither I, nor Lydia had that class we didn't see her conversation she had with him.

Once the day was over we all walked outside and headed towards our car. Lydia had forgotten something in her locker which made me stop right across from the Cullen's where my car was placed. When Lydia came back she had her umbrella with her which is what she had forgotten and walked into my awaiting embrace.

It was freezing outside to Lydia and so I tugged her into my body heat which runs at 108° F.

As soon as we were about to get into my car we heard a screech. It rang loudly in our sensitive ears and when I looked up I saw Tyler's van spinning out of control towards Bella.

My breath caught in my throat as I looked at the scene. Suddenly a blur which happened to be Edward Cullen who I can see clearly because as a wolf and immortal I am technically faster than him.

I watched as he used his inhuman superior strength to stop the car with his bare hand. The metal hit his hand and suddenly the car stopped. There was a bunch of screaming and panicking as people called 911 and Edward jumped over my sister's truck.

I saw his family all looking at him in anger, there was no concern for his well being in their eyes because they knew he was going to be fine. I watched as an ambulance EMT loaded Bella up onto a stretcher so that they could take her to the hospital.