Chapter 23

Flashback a few weeks ago

It was a rare silence in the pack house for a moment before a howl broke the silence surrounding the pack. Everyone looked up confused. This was the howl of a new wolf. The only one left who hasn't phased yet was...

"Quil!" Embry shouted as he and everyone else ran out of the pack house and phased.

Lydia hopping on Allison's wolf as they took off into the woods towards the sound of the howl.

Allison and Leah get there first since they were by far the fastest in the pack. They saw Quil's wolf was a brownish grey wolf with a darker set face than the rest of his body besides the paws.

His wolf was about 6' tall just like most of the wolves in the pack and he was shaking obviously very confused and frightened by the prospect of being a wolf

'hey, it's going to be alright Quil.' Allison said, trying to calm the new shifter down. 'What's happening to me?' Quil asked in a shaky voice.

The same thing that happened to all of us, your a wolf now, welcome to the family, brother.' Allison said. 'Now think about being human again, think about walking on two feet and maybe think about a memory that makes you feel human. My memory has always been of My mother, father, and I when I was little all sitting around the dinner table eating like a normal family. One of the only times my mother could stay with me for longer than a week. Think about a happy memory that reminds you of your time as a human. It will be easier to stay grounded.' Allison said as the whole pack went behind trees and shifted back into their human forms.

Each finding a pair of clothes around the woods that was left there by them in case Quil phased.

Quil slowly turned back into a human. Sam threw him a pair of short and underwear as the young boy realized he was buck naked.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay." Allison reassured. The pack looked at her in pure awe. They still were not able to get over the fact that this girl who was their alpha was so gentle and tender with all of them.

This was what made Allison a great alpha, why none of the wolves even bothered to ever argue against her orders. She was made to be an alpha. It was in her blood, in her genes and no one could say otherwise.

She just had this natural aura around her that screamed leader though she never used her alpha voice on the pack unless there was no other way and she was so kind.

Sam was the alpha that was firm yet fair, while Allison was the alpha that would play along with her pack with whatever crazy things they'd get stuck doing yet she could also be the alpha who could whip you into your place as quick as you could say yes ma'am.

It was an interesting dynamic that the two co-alphas had going on. Though it worked very well.

Quil calmed down and took a minute to listen to whatever the two alpha's had to tell him.

"So, I'm a giant wolf, you guys are all in the pack, we fight vampires to protect humans from knowing about their supernatural existence and now I'm also apart of pack with everyone else and this is why you guys have been ignoring everyone else at school after your sudden growth spurts and the sudden changes of appearances." Quil said as if he had the biggest epiphany in the whole world.

The pack laughed at the boy and ruffled his hair while he tried to swat their hands away. It felt so wholesome.

"Alright everyone, back to the pack house so we can get Quil his official pack tattoo and cut his hair a bit so his hair isn't shaggy. At least it isn't as long as everyone else's when we had to cut their hair. Jacob literally cried." Sam said.

Jacob scowled after he was reminded about his little moment of weakness when his hair was chopped off.

When Quil was finally announced as the newest member of the pack he was happy to get all of his friends back and get to know Allison (the new her at least, he remembered her from when they were younger but once he shifted she showed him her life just like she did every other wolf) and Lydia.

He discovered that not everything was as it seemed and that he was kept in the dark for a reason.

End of flashback

When Bella came around and saw the new and improved pack with Leah, Seth, and Quil in it she was surprised. Especially when they all started making fun of her and Jacob about him thinking about if he should respond back to any of her calls and texts.

"You should put Jacob out of his misery if your going to keep messing with his feeling like that." Leah said in a growl before she phased and ran off.

Bella was in shock at seeing a female shifter. She had only seen her sister's wolf once but, she was kinda in a daze from almost drowning to get a good look at Allison's wolf.

Allison sighed and decided to go after her soul bonded. "See ya later Bells. Don't mess with my pack mates hearts." Allison said as she phased on the fly and ran off.

Bella and Jacob went to the barn after that.Allison was sitting in Leah's lap when Jacob storms in looking very angry. "What's wrong Jacob?" Allison asked as her alpha instincts kicked in.

"Bella's going to be changed into a blood sucking leech after graduation!" Jacob angrily said.

Allison's eyebrows furrowed. While she didn't have anything personal against vampires with golden eyes, she didn't like how her older sister wanted to become an immortal, did she not know what pain comes with being an immortal?

Allison has only just become an immortal and her life so far has been one filled with pain and suffering. The only light in her life were her friends and family who supported her throughout the many years she had to grow up fighting.

"Why the hell would she want to be a blood sucker?" Paul grunted out. "I don't know, maybe because she can't live without the knock off disco ball." Came Lydia's snarky reply.

Jacob growled at Lydia angrily which set off the even angrier and menacing growl from Allison which had Jacob tilting his head in submission.

"We'll deal with it when it comes Jacob. Not right now." Allison said in her alpha voice.

All the wolves nodded backing up their alpha. Jacob finally nodded showing his agreement.

"Alright. I was just upset. I don't want her to turn into a leech. Not for him, when she could be happier with me and alive." Jacob said.