Chapter 12

It was the next morning and Billy had invited Allison and Lydia over to his house saying he wanted to talk. Allison got up and threw on a simple tank top and some running shorts as she wasn't cold at all.

Lydia got up and got her outfit on which was dressed more for the weather as she was wearing a long sleeve shirt and some skinny jeans.

When the two finally were ready they walked down the stairs and got into their car. The drive to La Push was a short one when you ignore the traffic laws.

The two immortal girls were at Billy's house in only 15 minutes. When Billy opened the door a man stood behind him and two boys. The man from last night and two boys that she vaguely remembered from when she was little as being Paul and Jared.

Allison's pov

"Hello Allison. I've called you here today to ask about how you're a wolf?" Billy was straight to the point. Lydia's eyes widened and my jaw clenched. "I don't know what your talking about." My voice was calm and steady. There was no blip in my heart beat so they couldn't tell if I was lying or not.

"That outfit says otherwise." Jared said. I had to admit that my outfit isn't fit for the weather but, that doesn't mean they should of come to that conclusion unless they were also wolves.

"I could say the same about you three." I said to them. "So are you like us?" The oldest guy that I just pieced together was Sam Uley said. "I guess I am. I'm not exactly the same as you guys though. My mother is a shifter." I explained not being 100 percent truthful but not lying either.

"We'd like to know if you'd join our pack." Sam said politely. "I'll warn you now that I'm an alpha by birthright and as an alpha I will go against you on some of your decisions. My alpha voice is extremely strong and even other alpha's have a hard time ignoring my orders." I said to them. "Show us an example." Paul said.

"Sit down" my voice changed to that of a commanding one. I watched as immediately Paul and Jared sat down. I watched as Sam struggled to stay standing before he sat down as well.

Billy looked at me in shock. "Well, if you have no problem with joining the pack then you'd probably be co-alpha." Sam Said. Billy thought about it for a minute before nodding. "I'll tell the elders you've agreed to join." Billy said after he saw my nod stating that I would join.

Then the pack which now included me left towards the pack house. Lydia stook beside me the whole time. When we got to the house we were welcomed in by a woman with three large scars on the right side of her face. I didn't stare at her as I saw her and neither did Lydia which seemed to please Sam.

"What are those tattoos on your shoulder and back?" Paul asked curiously. Lydia stiffened rubbing her own shoulder where she had most of the same tattoos as I did.

"These tattoos represent everyone we've lost." I said pointing between myself and Lydia. Emily stiffened as she saw that there was more than 5 tattoos. "It would be best if I just showed you." I told the pack.

The boys nodded and everyone that was a shifter phased. I opened my mind up to the pack allowing them to see my story. I didn't hide anything from them and even showed them my death.

When everything was showed I quickly phased back into my human form and threw on my tank top and shorts. The guys looked at me solemnly.

"Yeah, I know." I said. We walked in and saw Emily looking at Sam confused. I thought about it for a moment before looking at Emily real hard and then I mentally showed her everything I showed the boys.

Emily gasped as the images entered her mind. When she finished processing my story she had tears in her eyes. "Oh you poor girls." Emily said.

"What just happened?" Sam asked. "Since I'm a child of Artemis, and I'm immortal, I can show people my thoughts or memories. It's a gift." I explained. The boys nodded.

We spent the day getting to know each other. The boys learned that Lydia was not my imprint but, she was very important to me and I was possessive of her.

They saw that after Paul tried to flirt with Lydia and I growled at him menacingly. He backed off after that and also because my hand never left Lydia's waist for the rest of the night.

It was like clock work as the months spun by. Nothing really changed.

The months bled together as I got to know the pack more. Lydia got to know them better as well.

October
Bella stared out of her window as the leaves fell. She barely responded to anything at all and hardly took showers.

November
Bella was still sat in her chair staring out of the window and now she wasn't even taking any showers. She started to get really bad nightmares and she'd scream at the top of her lungs. It would wake up everyone in the house.

December's
Bella barley ate anything anymore and she never left her chair. The snow continued to fall and the world kept on moving but, Bella didn't move with the world. It was like she was stuck in her head and she slowly stopped eating completely. The nightmares got worse.

January

Bella didn't do much. She went to school but, she sat at the Cullen's old table alone. Her grades dropped significantly and she closed her friends out. Everyone was slowly giving up on her.

February

Charlie has had enough. He decided that since Bella wasn't getting any better that he was going to send her back to Reneè.

I fully supported the idea. Lydia and I had started to sleep over at the pack house so that we could get any semblance of sleep. We both also finally got the pack tattoos on our right shoulders.

 We both also finally got the pack tattoos on our right shoulders

"Alright that's it. I'm sending you back to your mother." Charlie said. One day when Bella got home from school. Bella's eyes widened as she begged to stay in Forks. "What? No, I'm- I'm staying in Forks. I don't want to go to Phoenix." Bella stuttered. "He's not coming back Bells." Charlie said sympathetically.

"I know." Bella said. I decided not to continue listening to their conversation as a voice entered my mind. " We got a new shifter." My head snapped towards the woods. Lydia looked at me sensing the shift in my posture.

"There's a new shifter" I mind linked Lydia. She nodded her head understandingly.

"Well, I'm going to go. Lydia and I have plans." I said to my dad. He nodded his head before talking to Bella again.

I grabbed Lydia by the arm and dragged her towards the woods. Once we were deep enough I phased and then allowed Lydia onto my back.

I ran through the woods jumping over fallen trees and around the roots in the ground. Making sure to be mindful of Lydia.

When I finally got to the pack house I saw a dark grey wolf almost black standing in shaking legs.