Chapter 18

Leah sighed. "I feel very protective of this girl. Not only did she try and avenge my father but, she also has this quality that draws people to her. I feel this bond with her and it's not an imprint bond either before you ask. It's a soul bond." Leah said clutching her heart as she stared at the injured form of the girl she shared a soul bond with.

"Oh, yeah. The soul bond which is just as powerful as the imprint bond." Lydia said nodding her head. "Can you explain the bond in depth for me? I only got snippets from Sam's thoughts" Leah asked.

Lydia looked at Leah before nodding. "A soul bond is just like it states. When two souls are kindred spirits meant to be in each other's lives for as long as they live. While imprints are what holds shifters to the Earth and they'd be anything and everything for their imprint a soul bond is much more complicated. While people who share a soul bond can be many things. Just like an imprint they can be parents, protectors, sibling, or lovers a soul bond never breaks and it's an indescribable feeling to be connected to someone so deeply that it's like this person becomes part of your own soul. People with soul bonds trade a tiny piece of their souls to their other soul bonder and then the two are connected for life. Those with a soul bond are generally protective of each other and would do anything for those in which they shared the soul bond with.

Sometimes a soul bond can be difficult to explain, it all depends on how big a soul piece you get. The size of the soul offered matters. I have one fourth of Allison's soul resting in my soul and Allison has one fourth of my soul resting in her soul. I'd assume with the way you're looking at her that you also share one fourth of your soul with her as well and she now holds one fourth of your soul and one fourth of that other girl, Rebekah's, soul in her as well. Soul bonds are tricky but also effective.

We share each other's emotions, thoughts, we can sense when the other is in danger, track our soul bonded wherever they are if they get lost, and in extreme cases of emergencies two soul bonded people can see out of each other's eyes and provide advice for their soul bonded." Lydia explains to Leah.

Leah nods at this and grabs one of Allison's hands as to keep herself calm. The soul bond was affecting her already. She felt restless and angry as he soul bonded was injured.

The two girls stayed with Allison for as long as they could. Though they had to go to school when the weekend was over.

No one at Forks High was used to seeing Lydia Beaumont without Allison Swan. It was weird to ever see the two girls apart unless they had different classes.

The Cullen's that still went to school (Alice, Jasper, and Edward) were confused at the death glares the strawberry blond would send them. They were also confused at where Allison was.

Bella hadn't said anything about her sister since she kinda forgot her sister was even hurt with everything that happened afterwards with Edward thinking she was dead and trying to kill himself, her meeting the Volturi, and getting the Cullen's to vote if she should become a vampire or not.

When she was with Edward she kinda forgot everyone and everything around her if it wasn't brought to her attention.

The Cullen's had always been curious about Allison but, they never voice their curiosity to Bella knowing that it would be rude, and that the curious girl would try and find out what was weird about her sister and why the Cullen's were suspicious of her.

Meanwhile, Allison was slowly healing and the claw marks from Victoria were starting to scar over. They ran too deep not to scar. The redheaded leech had almost tore part of Allison's neck and chest off.

Whenever Lydia and Leah were out of school they spent their time by Allison's bedside. Whether it was just talking to the girl who was in a coma or doing their homework in silence holding one of Allison's hands, they were always there.

For a month that was the routine. The two girls would wake up in Leah's room that Allison was staying in, they'd take showers and get ready for school, then they'd eat breakfast that Sue made them, Leah would drive herself and Seth to school where she'd brood because her soul bonded was still in a coma, she'd go through all her classes and sit with the pack at lunch, then as soon as school was over she'd drive over to her house to sit with Leah unless she had a patrol.

Lydia would get in her car and go to school. She'd sit by herself at lunch and ignore everyone's stares. When school was over she'd be out of the school and into her car before everyone else even made it to the parking lot. Then she'd drive to Sue's.

By the time the month mark hit the claw marks we're almost all the way healed, there was just a bit more that needed to heal and Sue estimated that Allison would wake up within the next three days.

This made everyone in the pack excited and instead of heading to Emily's house after school or patrol everyone, including Emily, was over at Sue's house waiting.

Everything was quiet at Sue's house and all the pack were downstairs eating when a cough of a dry throat made everyone spring up.

Before anyone could rush upstairs to see if Allison was okay, foot steps were heard from upstairs.

Allison slowly came downstairs, with the help of the railing lining the staircase, when she finally got downstairs Lydia was by her side in an instant.

"How are you feeling?" Lydia asked Allison gently. "I'm better. How long have I been out?" Allison asked her soul bonded.

"A month and a few days." Lydia rushed to reassure her. "A whole month? Were the injuries that bad?" Allison asked.

"She almost ripped off part of your neck and chest. When Sam first brought you here, your whole body was covered in blood. You went into a coma so that your body could heal and you wouldn't be in to much pain while you healed." Sue told Allison.

"Are you hungry?" Emily asked the girl she saw as a sister. Allison's stomach rumbles at the thought of food. The pack all laughed and sat back down where they all originally were, to finish eating.

When Allison went to sit down, she was pulled into someone's lap and her body melted into the embrace when strong arms wrapped around her waist and held her there.

By the scent alone she could tell that this was her new soul bonded, Leah. The boy's chose not to comment already knowing that Allison was Leah's soul bonded. A bond which was just important as the imprint bond.

That night everyone rested easily know I g that Allison was finally awake and healed. Lydia and Leah both slept in the same bed holding Allison in the middle as Leah spooned Allison, and Allison spooned Lydia.

Each holding each other close as if they'd disappear.