12

"Here you go," I place a glass of vodka on the table in front of a man in a suit.
It's Tuesday, and work is slowly killing me. The people seem to be even more unbearable than usually, and I almost leap out the door when it's time for my break.
I spend the first ten minutes stuffing my face with a Greek salad and a blueberry muffin, and then walk the streets for a while, when my phone rings. It's Felix.
"Hey," I say, "What's up?"
"Ollie! When do you get off work? Chan and I want to take you to the movies tonight."
"I get off in about five hours," I answer.
"How about we'll just pick you up from
work? Then we can just bring you home right after!"
I hesitate. I don't want them to know where I work. But lucky for me, there are other restaurants and diners around my work place, so as long they don't pick me up directly in front of the casino, they won't know that I work there.
"Uh, yeah. Sure!" I name him the street of the casino. "I'll find you there."

The next five hours go by way faster than I had hoped. I do want to see the boys again, but I don't want them to know about this part of my life. They'll see me differently.
I wait by the bar until the barkeepers have finished mixing the drinks for one of the tables I buss. Only fifteen minutes left, then I can get out of here.
I'm dreading to go over there again. It's a poker table, taken completely by men. They're rich, judging by the fine suits and glistening watches on their wrists. Some of them even wear expensive looking jewelry like fine rings and necklaces.
I watch them from afar, obviously eyeing my fellow waitresses. I hope the bartender takes another thirty minutes to make the drinks.
"Order's up," he says behind me and places a glass of liquor onto the counter.
Damn.

I take the glass and put it on my tray with the others, before shouldering it.
In and out. It's easy. I just put down the drinks and leave. Easy. Simple.
I take a deep breath and near the table.
"Your drinks, gentlemen," I say, "Enjoy!"
They smell like booze and a very heavy cologne. I bend slightly at the waist in order not to spill the drinks while placing them on the table.
I am very aware of the short costume and its tight fabric around my curves, as their eyes travel up and down my body.
The one closest to me snarls, "Why don't you keep us company, darling? Join us."
I smile politely. These remarks aren't new or special and I should be used to this condescending tone of voice and the lustful eyes. I am not.
"Sorry to disappoint you, sir," I answer, "But my shift isn't over yet."
"Oh, don't play coy," he answer and places his hand on my ass. I take a step away from him to get out of his reach, but he hooks one of his fingers through the loops on my shorts and pulls me back.
My eyes flitt around the room, trying to catch someone's eyes. But the other girls are avoiding looking over here, and I know why. I don't blame them, but the fear inside me suddenly grows.
His hand is still on my ass, his fingers slowly squeezing. I tense.

He bends closer to me until I can feel his sour breath on my face, and murmurs, "Why don't you come pay me a visit in my hotel room?"
I loosen a breath, shakily laughing.
"I'm afraid I already have plans," I say then and try to push his hands away from my body.
The man wraps his hand around my arm and the sheer strength of his grip makes me whimper.
I want to punch him. I want to scream and kick and knock his head into the table until his teeth fall out.
But I can't. Hyeon would fire me immediately. I need this job.
"It wasn't really a question." He murmurs again. "I'll pay you, if that's what you like. Good money. You won't regret it."
I say, "I already said, I don't want to."
I try to rip my arm away from him, but his fingers dig into my skin.
"You shouldn't behave like a slut if you don't want people to notice you," His voice is low and drips with disgust, "I said, I'll even pay you."
"And she told you no."

A punch right into his face.
I turn in time to see Chan land a second punch into the guy's face.
A set of arms wrap around my middle and pull me away from the table. Glass shatters, cards and poker chips fly through the air. I turn and look straight into Felix' face, a fearful, yet determined look in his eyes.
"What are you doing here?" I say to him but he just shakes his head and I turn my attention back to Chan.

He has pinned the man onto the ground by the color of his shirt and is bend over him, a feral look on his face.
He whispers something into the man's ear and his eyes widen in fear. Then Chan lets the man go, stands and turns to face me.
Before he can take a step towards me, Hyeon calls over to us.
His face is red with anger, fury pulls his face into an ugly mask, as he strides toward us.
"What the fuck, Olivia?" He wants to grab me by my arm, but Felix steps in front of me. Felix, who is only an inch or two taller than me, stares Hyeon down in a way that should be impossible because Hyeon is towering over him.

Hyeon looks around, at the mess, at the guests, at the other employees.
He wets his lips, points his finger at me, and says, "This is it. You're fired. Pack your shit and get the fuck out. If you ever step foot in this casino again, I will sue you."
I glare at him.
"Maybe I'll sue you first, you pimp," I spit, "I should have left ages ago. You're a disgusting excuse of a man."