61

The next day I spend an hour on FaceTime with Hana and Binna.
It feels good to talk to them. Over the past few weeks I have spent way too little time with them, and especially Binna has always been there for me.
And even though it feels fragile to admit this, Hana has grown to be a close friend to me, as well. After Felix fell at the anniversary showcase, her behavior towards me had changed. And now that I open up to them about the opportunity to choreograph for Studio Choom, I am greeted with genuine joy.
Hana and Binna are calling from Binna's phone. It seems they are in one of their apartments right now.
"You're so lucky," Hana says now, "I would kill for an opportunity like this. There is no way you're shooting this down."
"I don't know," I sigh, "I don't know if I'm ready. I mean choreographing something this big is all I've ever wanted to do, but what if I embarrass Bahiyyih with my choreography, and everybody thinks it's horrible and can't keep up with the others? What if she gets horrible publicity because of me?"
"Okay, first of all, Bahiyyih is a smart girl from what I've heard. If she doesn't like something , she will talk to you. And you have a whole team there, they will definitely say something if they don't approve." Binna smacks her lips and pulls an eyebrow up. "And secondly, you need to stop doubting yourself, Olivia. We've been telling you how talented you are and how creative and amazing your videos are... This is just more proof that we're right! Just accept that this is your true calling."
I grin at her, catching the glance Hana gives her. It might just be the lighting on their side, but I could swear Hana's cheeks grow the slightest bit pink.

I nod and say, "Maybe you're right. I just can't believe that only five months ago, I came to JYP and now I'm supposed to work with one of the biggest channels on YouTube. I mean their choreographers count to the most acclaimed people in the industry."
"And you could be one of them," Hana smiles, pulling her shiny dark hair over her shoulder. "There is always more to reach. Don't belittle yourself like that. You belong on this list, too! Do you have less experience with everything? Yes. But does that mean you're less creative or less hardworking or less of a perfectionist? No. If anything it only shows how great you are at what you're doing. And you are an amazing dancer, but choreographing is what keeps your flame lit. Everyone here knows that."

I watch Binna's hand slip around Hana's waist and hide a smile. I am not the only one who has grown closer to Hana over the past weeks. I've been keeping an eye on Binna and her behavior around Hana, and I would not be surprised if the both of them have kindled a small flame for each other. None of them have voiced such a thing towards me, and I don't want to intrude on such a personal topic.
"There is one other thing I've been wanting to tell you guys," I say then and prepare myself.

I take a deep breath and tell them about that night I shared with Chan. I tell them how I almost got lost on this island and how Chan asked me to be with him.
"We don't want anyone to know about this except our closest friends, so you need to promise me you won't tell anyone!"
Binna is slapping Hana's shoulder repeatedly, saying to her, "I told you! I knew something was going to happen this week! You owe me a thousand won, baby!"

I stare at them.
"You bet on this?"
Hana and Binna grin and shrug.
"We actually bet on this like a month ago already, but you and Chan were so blind about each other, we had to drag it out a little." Hana smiles shyly and I laugh.
"For real though," Binna says, "We are so happy for you! I know you've been feeling a little.. unsure of his feelings before this so I'm really glad you can finally be sure about it."
"I am also very happy for you, but as your crew leader I need to say," Hana purses her lips, "This doesn't mean you'll get any special treatment, alright Park?"
"Yes, Ma'am!" I laugh.
Relief is a strong emotion, strong enough to move mountains. That's what I feel like right now looking at them on my phone screen. The two of them are some of my best friends and I feel very lucky to have them. There are just certain things I can't talk to boys about. Felix is a very understanding person, but sometimes it takes a woman.

"Alright, I need to go," I say then, "I think we're having lunch with everyone and I can already smell the beef on the grill."
"Okay, bring us a souvenir from the island, yeah?"
Binna snatches up her phone and  presses a kiss onto the camera. "Love you, girl! Bye!"
Then she hangs up and I roll into a sitting position on my bed. My door opens and Minho pokes his head in.
"Lunch is ready," he says and I follow him downstairs.

I take a seat next to Jeongin and Hyunjin at the big table. Rachel puts a plate in front of me and I start filling it. Someone hands me a bowl with roasted carrots and potatoes, then I see a plate with chicken skewers. Everything smells savory-sweet, and I can feel my stomach growl just at the sight of everything.
I stab a piece of chicken with my fork and lift it to my lips, when my phone rings again.
I roll my eyes and consider letting it go to voicemail, but then again, it could be Binna again or Chi or someone from even higher up.

I take out my phone.
I don't recognize the number and it's not someone I have saved in my contacts.
I get off the chair and excuse myself, before stepping out into the hallway. I can feel a few eyes follow me.
I answer the phone and hold it to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Good day! I am looking for Park Olivia," the voice on the other end says. It's a woman, and her voice is very calm and warm.
"You got her," I answer and my eyebrows scrunch together, "How can I help you?"

"Olivia, my name is Jung Sun-Young and I am one of the senior executives at Hybe Corporation. We are putting a team together to coach a girl group we're planning to let debut under Big Hit next year. We saw your work and are very impressed with you. We'd like you to be the choreographer who will be coaching and working with the band until and after they launch their careers. You'd be a perfect addition  for the team. What do you say?"