42

A week later, the choreography is completely done and practiced. We've had two test runs at the location, one of them in costume. Tomorrow we'll film the whole thing. Then I have two to three days to edit everything.

Right now, I'm sitting on my own couch with a glass of red wine in my one hand and my phone in the other.
I take a sip and stare at the clock on my phone.
Two minutes.
I take another sip. This is my second glass already.
I don't usually drink, but I really needed something to calm my nerves.
One minute.
I consider rushing to the bathroom to pee out all the wine I had, but then my phone rings.
Right on time.
I pick up.

"Hello, this is Hannah Bahng, I'm here with my mom." The voice on the other end of the phone is young, but strong and confident. "Are we talking to Olivia Park?"
Her accent is strong and she sounds so much like Chan, I have to stop myself from giggling.
"Yes, hi!" I sit up straighter on my cushions. "Thank you so much for taking the time to call me! Has JYP sent you an email yet?"
"Yeah, actually," Hannah answers, "They sent us something about a video or something, a surprise I think? Can you explain it to us a little bit more though? We really just want to get a clear picture of what you're planning."
So I tell them.
I lay out the entire plan for them, from the start to how I hope it'll end.
"I really just want to do something that brings Felix and Chan a bit of joy into their days," I say, "Chan took it incredibly hard that Felix broke his arm. Harder than any of the other boys. Felix can't participate in any of the showcase activities they're doing right now, since he can't use his arm. They're just going through a tough time right now. I want to help make it better."

I hear a small sob on the other end of the phone and Hannah laughs.
"Oh, no, you made mom cry," she giggled and my eyes widen.
"Oh, I am so sorry that was not my intention at all!"
Chan's mother comes closer to the phone and says into the microphone, "You know when you first contacted us a week ago, I really thought you were one of those crazy stalker fans. But with JYP confirming everything, I can't thank you enough. Christopher can be very glad to have a friend like you."
I smile. Relief flows through me. I explain the rest of the plan and how I intend to collect everything.
"So, I didn't have a chance to get the contact information for Felix' mom or dad. Is there a chance that you might have them? I really want them to hear all this from me, as well as JYP. I think it might be nicer to hear a human voice instead of having to read all those emails."
"Oh, of course!" Chan's mom sounds excited. "I have their numbers, I'll call them tomorrow right away. If you want, I could tell them what I know and give them your number so they can reach out to you."
"That would be great, actually. Thank you so much for helping me!" I take another sip of wine with a smile on my face. Everything is going according to plan. "Just make sure they know it's a surprise. I really don't want Felix and Chris to get the tiniest of ideas about this. I think it's going to be a lot more fun for everyone if it all remains a secret."
"Oh, don't worry about that," Hannah says, "I love things like that! There is nothing I enjoy more than pulling a surprise on my brother. His face is going to be out of this world."

After we say goodbye I sit back and open my laptop. Now that I cleared the air with Chan's family, I can finally write up those plans and stats for Jung Wook. It only takes me an hour, so I decide to go over the last details for the video shoot tomorrow. The song I chose is one of my all time favorites and I've been wanting to do a choreography to it for at least two years now.
And dancing it with Chan is something I can't even describe.
Out of this world.
A harmony in its own right.
Indescribable.

I'm excited to be filming tomorrow, but I'm also pretty nervous. Chan and I have never danced a duet before, not even just for funsies.
Now that I think about it, I'm not nervous about dancing with him tomorrow... but to be doing it in front of so many people. The entire tech crew, mask and make up artists, the stylists. So many people watching a choreography that feels so intimate and personal, it makes my insides turn.
I'm almost 100% sure that I wouldn't feel this way if I had asked any of the dance crew guys, like Tao or Jake. But I wouldn't have gotten the choreography done within a week with them.
Chan is the only one I can harmonize with like this. We work like a well-oiled machine. We understand each other without words, the last week has proven this to me.
When we were trying different things for the choreo, we moved in sync. I moved an arm, he knew how to mirror me. He moved to the right, I knew how to turn left. We collided perfectly with each other, without damaging even a sliver of each other. It was almost as if I was working with myself, he knew what I wanted to express without me having to say it. Like he could read my mind.
Sometimes it scares me how well he knows me.