39

I drive my hand over my shirt, smoothing it even though I had ironed it this morning.
The last time I was here, I was offered my absolute dream job.
Jung Wook's secretary looks just as strict as the first time I was here, and she avoids looking into my eyes just like the last time.
She leads me into the office and motions me to sit.
"Jung Wook will be here in a minute," she says before she leaves me all alone in the office.
I go over my idea again.
Over the last three days, I put together a plan. A surprise for Chan and Felix.
I calculated everything, put together a budget and a time table, even made a pie chart for the occasion. I even created a whole portfolio, and made a printed and a digital version of it.
This has to work.
I have to convince him of this idea.

The door opens and Jung Wook strides in.
"Ms. Park," he says and opens his jacket before sitting down on the other side of his desk, "To what do I owe this pleasure?"
"Mr. Jung," I swallow thickly and force myself to defrost my smile, "Thank you for meeting with me. I know you have a tight schedule. I'll make it quick."
He leans back in his chair and I bend down to get the portfolio binder out of my bag. I hand it over to him and place the usb-stick with the digital version before him on the table.
"Chan and Felix haven't seen their families in almost three years," I state, "and I want to organize a surprise for them."
I explain my plan to the smallest detail, and Jung Wook listens.
To my surprise, he does not interrupt me a single time. His eyes follow what I say and he looks through the folder.
"This is where you, or rather JYP Entertainment comes into play," I sit up straighter. Somewhere I read that it would make me look like I knew what I was doing. "This project is far too big to be stemmed by my personal finances. All I am asking is that I get access to the JYP investor list, so that I could bring together some sponsors for this project."

I wait.
Jung Wook is quiet and stares at the folder in front of him, reading each passage and number. He is silent for so long that I am starting to think he might have forgotten I am here at all.
Then he finally says, "It's very brave of you to come in here and propose this. Very brave."
He reaches into one of the drawers of his desk and pulls forward two cereal bars. He hands one to me.
As he opens his cereal bar, he says, "You know, I wasn't sure if it was so smart to hire you. You were a risk, a huge one even. But over the past few weeks, you have proven to be a real asset to this company. Our sales in America and Europe have gone through the roof. Your social media content is amongst the most viewed content globally. You did well, Olivia. I can see you worked hard."
The cereal bar in my hand crumbles into pieces as I squish it between my fingers to keep myself from crying.
It feels nice to hear this.
"So, how about this," Jung Wook says, "JYP Entertainment will pay for the whole thing, and I'll give you an extra 20% of the budget for an upgrade on any of these ideas."
I choke and cough into my arm. Tears are starting to brim my eyes.
But he holds up a hand, "But only if you do the work. You call the people, you do the organizing. This is your thing, Miss Park. And I want this to be turned into a video for your channel. Like a vlog or documentary. However you want but I want every part of this on video. It might be useful for later projects, who knows. And you give a shout out to the company at the end of the video."

Never in my life have I agreed to anything faster. I jump off my chair and grab for Jung Wook's hand to shake it.
"I will not disappoint you," I say and have to hold back from throwing my arms around his neck, "The boys deserve this! You'll see, it will be fantastic!"
Jung Wook smiles with pursed lips and shakes his head slightly.
"You know, they can be very glad to have a friend like you. I don't say this often but I am very glad you joined the company."
I bow my head and press my hands over my heart. A tear is spilling over and I quickly wipe it away.
"Now, get out of my office," Jung Wook waves towards the door, "I have a conference in five minutes. I'll have Siu send you the forms on the transfer information this afternoon."

When I'm in the elevator, I still can't believe it worked. I bite into my fist and squeal.
This is insane!
This is incredible!
Then the door opens and Chan steps into the elevator.
When his eyes land on me he raises his eyebrows and I quickly recover my posture, though I can't stop smiling.
"What's going on?"
Of course Chan knows me too well.
I clear my throat. "Nothing. What's going on with you?"
The elevator starts moving and Chan leans against the wall, narrowing his eyes.
A laugh escapes my mouth and I step closer to him, until I stand in front of him. I am happy. Deliriously happy, ecstatically happy, and I don't care that literally Jung Wook himself could step into this elevator at any given moment. I lean into Chan, placing both my hands on his chest.
I press a quick kiss to his jaw and whisper in his ear, "Something amazing just happened but I can't tell you yet."
When I put enough distance between us to look into his eyes again, Chan's ears are as red as tomatoes. I giggle, not able to contain myself, and wrap my arms around his waist, planting my face into his chest.
Slowly, Chan wraps his hands around my shoulders.
"I am so confused right now," he admits, "But you seem happy so I won't worry about it. Right? You're happy?"
I nod and wiggle in his arms like a child and Chan finally laughs. The vibration echoes in his chest and makes my body shiver. I love the sound of his laugh.
"Are you free tonight?" Chan asks then. "Do you want to come over for dinner and movie with me and the boys?"
"I'll be there," I say, "I'll definitely be there."