THREE

After a long and strenuous football practice (filled by Jungkook rolling his eyes at V yelling orders at the boys) the coach allowed them to have a match.

“Yoongi and Namjoon, you’re both captains. Match goes on till practice is over,” The coach instructed, and both boys walked away from each other to call on people for their teams.

“V.” Namjoon said, and V smirked, walking over to him and clapping his back. Everyone’s first choice is usually V, after all he is the captain of the team for a reason. Might be irritating, but he’s good at football, and that could be seen by anyone with eyes.

“Hoseok.” Yoongi said, and Hoseok grinned and walked over to him.

“Jackson.” Namjoon picked.

“Jimin.”

“Jin.”

“Mark.”

Jungkook saw as people got picked, and internally started hoping Namjoon wouldn’t pick him. Namjoon’s eyes wandered over the group, and Jungkook clenched his fingers. Don’t pick me, don’t pick me, don’t pick me-

“Jungkook.” Namjoon said, and Jungkook put on a fake grin and walked over to him, trying not to show his resentment.

“Please don’t fight, guys. It ruins the game for everyone.” Namjoon told V and Jungkook, and Jungkook just sighed- V keeping his distance from Jungkook.

He’s not wrong. They’ve ruined plenty of games from their stupid matches. They just don’t get along on the field, and don’t try to get along off it. They spend 2 minutes playing and 30 minutes arguing. That’s probably why Namjoon put them on the same team, to cancel out the possibility of an argument.

It’s not Jungkook’s fault. V’s a dick.

After the groups were divided, Jungkook walked over to the field to take his position as midfielder beside Jin, V as the striker at front. Players were spread across the field, Yoongi and Namjoon defenders, Jimin also a striker, and Hoseok a goalkeeper.

A whistle blew, and Jungkook kicked the ball right to Jin who was open. The game went smoothly, until- until, about halfway through the game.

V had the ball with him, blocked off by Yoongi. He groaned, dribbling the ball away with his feet. Everyone was blocked. Except Jungkook.

Jungkook waved his arms, trying to get V to pass the ball to him. V looked at him, and they locked eyes for a second- and Jungkook thought he’d pass.

But V paused.

Jungkook frowned, and then waved his arm again, indicating that he was free- but before anything could go on, Yoongi got the ball from him and kicked it to Jimin. Jimin kicked the ball right into the goal, and then began laughing in glee.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? Why didn’t you pass the ball to me?” Jungkook snapped, walking over to V angrily.

“You’d lose the ball anyway, Jeon.” V brushed off in irritation, and Jungkook scoffed.

“I’m not the one who screwed the game up!” Jungkook yelled, and V looked at Jungkook in anger.

“You bitch, I was only looking out for our team! You don’t know how to kick the fucking ball anyway, so it doesn’t matter if I pass it to you or not!” V shouted.

“You can’t even be a good captain, let alone pass the fucking ball to one of your teammates-”

“Jungkook and V, stop arguing.” The coach’s voice boomed, and both snapped their heads to the side, and realised that everyone left- practice was over.