TEN

Visiting day was always the worst.

It was the one day Jungkook dreaded, because it meant his parents would come all the way to his school to meet him. He doesn’t know why, it’s not like they gave him any attention back at home.

Jungkook was quite neglected as a child. His parents, both rich and running a million dollar company, were quite busy with work. He was taken care of by numerous nannies. But being alone was something he got used to at home. Once middle school was over, his parents sent him over to boarding school- making up some shit excuse about ‘teaching him how to be independent’. He already knew how to be independent.

To be abrupt, Jungkook was rich. In the social elite. His parents gave to many charities and said a bunch of bullshit to get more people buying their stuff. Truth was, they didn’t care about any of that. His mother only cared about fancy clothes and how people see them, and his father only cared about money.

So here he was, 10 am on a Sunday morning, in the cafetaria. Tables were filled with students and their parents, talking rapidly. Jungkook could see Jimin on the side, laughing airily while talking to his mother, who had warm eyes.

“Your parents not here yet?” A deep voice broke his chain of thoughts, and Jungkook turned to the side and saw V walk up to him, wearing a grey jacket with the hood on and black track pants. Dressed quite casually than the other kids, who all dressed up neatly to see their parents.

“Yeah. Tell me if you see an overly dressed woman and a man who looks like he doesn’t give a shit about his son, 'cause that’ll be my parents.” Jungkook said, and V snickered, leaning against the wall beside him.

“Where are your parents?” Jungkook asked, and V took a sip of the orange juice in his cup.

“Eh. They don’t come to these things.” V said, and then looked at Jungkook, who hummed, not questioning further.

“By the way- um- y'know the test we had on Thursday? Well I got it back, and I got a B+.” V said with a smile, and Jungkook gasped, standing up straight.

“Really? Oh my gosh- V, that’s so great!” Jungkook said softly, and then reached forward, but then realised V said not to touch him in public, so instead he resorted to patting V’s shoulder. “Good job.”

“It’s all thanks to you, mr. A star student.” V said with a small grin, and Jungkook laughed at that.

“Well, thanks to you, mr. Star athlete, I’m not that shitty at football anymore.” Jungkook said, giving him a coy smile and poking his chest lightly.

Jungkook turned around with a spin, and then let out a grunt when he saw his parents enter the cafeteria from the other side. “I’ve gotta go. See you later?” Jungkook said to V, who nodded with a knowing look.

Jungkook rushed towards his parents. His mother, who was in a fur coat and big glasses and a high bun, and his father, who was in a dark trench coat and jeans and some fancy belt. Did they really have to dress like that to a school?

Jungkook waved at them, and then saw his mother smile and walk up to them, his father following behind her. “Oh, Jungkookie! Look at you- my handsome son.” She said, walking up to him and hugging him tightly.

“Hi mom.” Jungkook said, and she pulled away from the hug. They found a table and sat down on it, and Jungkook looked at them with a small smile on his face. The least he could do is try.

“How’s the company?” Jungkook asked.

“Good. We’re flying to New York tomorrow night for a meeting with an American company. It’s great. You’ll honestly love working there. Y'know, once you get out of school and do business in University.” His mother said with a warm smile, squeezing his hand.