THIRTY FOUR

Taehyung was never this anxious before.

Walking into breakfast on the first day of the week- he took a sandwich from the canteen and then spotted his friends sitting with the rest of the football guys. Except Jimin and Jungkook were sitting on another table with Eka and Sehun.

Taehyung walked up to the footbal guys. He saw Youngjae telling the rest of the guys some story, and everyone was laughing loudly. But when Taehyung got there, Youngjae spotted him and then hesitated, quietening. “I-I’ll tell you guys later.” Youngjae mumbled.

Taehyung opened his mouth to say something, but then saw Yugyeom mumbled something to Bambam, and both of them get up and leave to go sit with Jungkook. Everyone was kind of quiet, not knowing what to say.

Taehyung gulped. “I’ve got some- some homework to finish. So I’ll go.” Taehyung mumbled, and then walked away from the table. When he did, he heard all of them begin talking and laughing again.

Taehyung walked out of the food hall and sighed. He didn’t feel hungry anymore. Taehyung just threw the sandwich in the dustbin and walked to the only place he could get some peace. The art room.

Taehyung walked into the small room and then sat down on one of the chairs, remembering how a few months ago- Jungkook was sitting on his lap at this exact spot, talking about how he thought bees were very cute.
And Taehyung had just smiled and kissed his cheek and said how he thought Jungkook was very cute. And Jungkook blushed and hid his face with his hands.

Taehyung almost smiled at the memory, but then remembered. Remembered how after the two went to the boys’ lounge, and Taehyung ignored Jungkook completely and made some homophobic comments. And how Jungkook looked disheartened and kept trying to tell Taehyung something, but Taehyung didn’t listen and instead continued fucking around with the other guys.

Taehyung cursed to himself. How did he not notice that Jungkook had a crush on him?

Taehyung took his phone out and began going through old texts of him and Jungkook. They hadn’t texted for weeks. The last text was this.

Kookie
hey taetaehyungie

Kookie
i thought abt what u said 😙

Kookie
on my way to your room right now!!

Kookie
💞💞 im gonna give u many many kisses !!

Taehyung let out a small breath he didn’t know he was holding. Fuck. Fuck- they were so close to being together. Taehyung was so close to holding Jungkook every night and calling him his baby. Taehyung was so fucking close to having one good thing in his life.

But instead, everything went wrong. So- so quickly.

Taehyung scrolled through their texts and let out a small smile at some of them that occurred when everything seemed fine.

Kookie
youre a little meanie

Taehyung
you’re the one that left without kissing me goodbye 😡

Kookie
BC I HAD HOMEWRK ): i HATE u

Taehyung
no u dont

Taehyung
pretty babie

Kookie
i like u sm ):

Taehyung
when I see u next I’ll kiss ur cute butt

Kookie
EWWW i <3 u

Taehyung heard the door of the art room open, and turned with widened eyes and saw Jungkook. “Oh-” Jungkook let out, fingers tightening around the door handle. “What- what’re you doing here?”