NINETEEN

Jungkook looked at Jimin wearily, and the blonde haired boy sighed. “I just wanted to talk. It’s.. sort of important.” Jimin mumbled, fiddling with his fingers.

Jungkook got up from the floor, nodding. “Um. Okay.” He said and gave Taehyung an offhanded look, shrugging when Jimin turned around.

“I’ll just… stay here… alone… and get some work done,” Taehyung said, getting up as well.

“I think Yoongi’s here somewhere,” Jimin said, and Taehyung nodded, walking off. Jungkook silently followed Jimin outside the library, and then Jimin stopped in his tracks, turning around.

They were in the open hallway, skies grey outside, rain splattering down heavily.

“How-how come you weren’t here last night?” Jimin asked, and Jungkook coiled his fingers tightly around his thumb, looking down.

“I stayed over at V’s,” Jungkook said, and Jimin chuckled dryly.

“Right. Of course.” Jimin said, and then looked up at Jungkook. “You were with him, obviously.”

Jungkook frowned. “What is that- y'know what, Park. I really don’t have time for this. What is it that you wanted to discuss?”

Jimin took a deep breath. “Well- last two winters you came over to my house and spent the month there,” Jimin said, but then looked at Jungkook. “But I guess you can’t this year.”

“I can’t? Jimin I stay at your house every year. You know I don’t like going back to my place for the holidays-”

“I know that, Jeon. But lately, you act like I don’t even exist anymore. The other guys- they- they’re not like you! I can’t talk to them about the shit we talk about. They judge or act weird about it. We have a level of intimacy that I thought was only special to us. And now you-you only want to spend time with V.” Jimin snapped, and Jungkook gulped. It began thundering, rain increasing.

“It’s- it’s because he gets me.”

“And I don’t? Clearly, there’s something you’re hiding from me, Jungkook.” Jimin said angrily, and Jungkook rolled his eyes. Jimin saw that, and let out a small sigh. “I-I don’t wanna assume, but-”

“But what? What is it that you’re soo curious about, Park?” Jungkook exasperated, and Jimin’s breath hitched.

“I-I don’t know. Yoongi thinks- Yoongi said you guys bunk and spend so much time together to smoke pot or something.” Jimin mumbled, and Jungkook paused.

He let out a laugh and then rubbed his face with his hand for a quick second, dropping it and looking at Jimin with a relieved yet serious glance. “No, Jimin. We don’t- we don’t get high together.”

“Then what do you do? You keep sneaking off to your little nooks in the school and giggling to each other and- and V’s actually nice to you?? It doesn’t make sense to me,” Jimin said.

“It doesn’t have to!” Jungkook snapped, and thunder boomed in the skies. “Forget it- I-I don’t want to come to your house for the holidays anyway,”

Jimin scoffed, looking away. “If you’re so fucking eager to get away from me then just go fucking room with V, why don’t you?” Jimin growled, and then turned and began walking away.

“Fine! That’s exactly what I’ll do! In fact, I didn’t want to be your roommate anyway!” Jungkook shouted, seeing Jimin walk away into the distance. He felt a tap on his shoulder, and turned around, seeing Taehyung.

“Hey Jeon, what’s wrong?” Taehyung asked, and Jungkook stumbled forward and wrapped his arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

“Oh thank god you’re here. I-I just had such a big fight with Jimin, a-and-”