TWENTY EIGHT

The Seoul Football Championship was a so-called ‘fun and competitive competition for young football enthusiasts to boost their sportsmanship’. It was a war between every high school football team in the country to see who was better, basically.

So, the entire football team and cheerleaders were on a train on the way to Seoul. Jungkook and Jimin were listening to music, while laughing at Yugyeom and Bambam who were sitting right opposite them, trying to flip a water bottle.

Jungkook could see Taehyung sitting on the other side of the train with Eka, her head on his shoulder, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, and some of the cheerleaders. Jungkook saw as Eka leaned up to whisper into his ear, and Taehyung got startled and scooted away while saying “Ew don’t lick my ear.”

“Damn, he really doesn’t like her. How didn’t I notice this before?” Jimin said to Jungkook, who hummed.

“Probably 'cause they’re always making out,” Jungkook said, and Jimin nodded.

“You still going ahead with your Taylr Swift plan?” Jimin asked, and Jungkook smiled.

“Karma’s a bitch, Jimin. He should get a taste of his own bullshit for once. Also- why the fuck are we listening to old Taylor Swift songs?” Jungkook snapped, and Jimin scoffed.

“Because she shaped the pop industry and frankly is hated for absolutely no reason,” Jimin said, and Jungkook sighed.

“Amen brother,” Jungkook said, and then his eyes brightened when he saw Taehyung get up from hi seat to go to the mid area between two trains, where there was a washroom, a vending machine, a coffee machine, etc.

“Okay. I’m gonna go start this plan,” Jungkook said, and then slid out of his seat to walk down the aisle towards where Taehyung was. Nonchalantly, of course.

Jungkook walked into the area, closing the door behind him and humming some tune to himself. He saw Taehyung getting a packet of chips from the vending machine and walked up to it.

“Ooh- they have strawberry licorice,” Jungkook said airily, and Taehyung looked at him in alert.

“Yeah.” Taehyung mumbled, and saw Taehyung put in the number for what he wanted. “Could you just get me licorice with your money? I’ll pay you back.” Jungkook said, showing the coins he had in his hand.

“Sure.” Taehyung said. Jungkook leaned his arm ahead and clicked on the number for the licorice. He waited and then saw the chips fall down, and the licorice get stuck in the middle. Jungkook pouted.

“Damn it… How do I get it out?” Jungkook whined softly, and then turned around. “I’ll ask Jackson to shake the machine- he’s got really strong arms~”

“I’ll do it.” Taehyung said rather quickly, and Jungkook turned around and saw Taehyung grab the machine from either side and give it a good shake. The licorice fell down.

“Aw, V. Thank you!” Jungkook smiled, and then rushed to the machine. Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook bent over to pick the stuff up from inside the machine.

Jungkook took his sweet time taking out the packet of chips and licorice, and then stood up and turned around- and to his joy, saw Taehyung’s eyes kind of wide, cheeks kind of red, stood quite close to him.

“Here,” Jungkook said, handing Taehyung the chips and coins. Taehyung grabbed them out of his palm, but then the train shook unexpectedly and both stumbled forward, Jungkook getting pressed against the machine with Taehyung in front of him.

Taehyung’s hand grabbed his. “Oh,” Jungkook squeaked softly, eyes big. Taehyung’s mouth went dry, blinking quickly.

“Um-” Taehyung said, and Jungkook looked up at him. “S-sorry.” Taehyung stammered, taking a step back.