Chapter 128

Rong Qing didn’t celebrate Valentine’s day. One reason was because he went to watch the little director propose to bodyguard A.

The other reason was because Lin Ji didn’t really want Rong Qing to see his appearance right now. Losing weight really made him excessively haggard and made him look many years older. Although Rong Qing grumbled for a bit, in the end, he agreed to Lin Ji’s wishes.

After a month of wedding vacation, bodyguard A returned and resigned his bodyguard position. Using his own words, the current him can no longer maintain an average disguise. Therefore, he was no longer suitable to remain as a bodyguard who hid in the corner.

What he meant was, in order to be a qualified bodyguard, one needed to look like bodyguard Z, who was dazzling enough that no one would think he was actually a bodyguard. Or like how A looked previously, like an old man after his disguise.

However, the smile on his face every day now really wasn’t normal.

Rong Qing agreed to his resignation, then immediately wrapped him up and threw him to the little director’s branch office to make the two husbands earn money for him together.

The face of a capitalist was just this ugly.

As for bodyguard Z.

This guy seemed to have received a huge blow after learning that his shifu found a marriage partner before him. Even now, he still hasn’t been able to accept this truth. Up to this point, he still didn’t dare to step into the branch company to see his little shiFU. (Note: the Fu here is not the same character used in shifu. Instead, it means husband. So it’s a word play for his shifu’s husband.)

Valentine’s day passed in a blink of an eye.

Perhaps with the power of love, and with his lover working by his side, Chu Ke ran the branch company flourishingly. In April, Lin Ji came to take a tour of the branch company. Chu Ke immediately decided to start officially filming.

The branch office also carried Rong Corp’s name. So as soon as the news of Chu Ke’s plans to start filming were released, it immediately received attention from all sorts of places.

However, the news media companies have already grown smart by now. Nowadays, who didn’t know that Rong Corp was ready to give you a court letter any second?

So writing blindly and randomly slandering them was definitely not possible. But as long as it’s not slander, I can still talk a bit of nonsense! This was such a huge piece of news!

At a time like this, Chu Ke didn’t even need to pay money himself to disseminate the news. The information was spread all over the internet and television thanks to the news reporters’ friendly promotion.

Pretty much everyone, from Lin Ji to Chu Ke, were reported on at least once. Especially Lin Ji, who was an extremely notable figure.

One of the news media even pulled out old data and info, from Lin Ji’s picture prior to his weight loss, to looking at his basic body structure, and then using some nonsense mathematical formula for calculation to successfully figure out that Lin Ji at most lost 37 lbs in the end.

The netizens were practically d*ing of laughter from this.

[Has the news media fallen to the point where they have to use math to gain exposure? Isn’t that too tragic? In other words, none of them realized that Lin Ji already announced how much weight he planned to lose before?]