Chapter 145

Lin Ji looked down, biting on an unlit cigarette between his lips. This was a little habit of his new role.

Putting down the script, he picked up his phone.

When he read the script in the company, there were always some noises outside. But this didn’t really stop Lin Ji’s thought from flying far away.

He flipped through his phone momentarily.

Today, he didn’t receive many messages from Rong Qing.

His finger continued to scroll upwards.

Going back a day, the messages that Rong Qing sent were continuous and nonstop, so many that he could barely scroll through them. Even the video calls were at the very least one per day. 

In other words, what’s going on with Rong Qing today?

For the first time in two years, Lin Ji felt like his head hurted a bit. His headache was resulting from the fact that he couldn’t tell if Rong Qing was currently mad or not.

“What’s the matter? Didn’t you say you were reading your script? Why are you pinching your brows like this?” Gao Ning walked in the door and handed him a cup of milk in the process. She herself was drinking a cup of black coffee.

As she sipped, she looked at Lin Ji, raising her eyes: “What a rare sight. You can still read this script… with it being upside down?”

Lin Ji froze, and lowered his head to look.

…… Ze. It really was upside down.

Seemingly unaffected and expressionless, Lin Ji turned the script around. Holding the cigarette in his mouth, he continued to daze off.

Anyways, why?

Gao Ning thought it was kind of funny and couldn’t resist looking at him for a good while. After ten minutes, she noticed that Lin Ji was still maintaining the same pose without moving. She finally realized faintly that this thing might be serious.

Did Lin Ji… turn d*mb?

She held out a hand and waved it in front of Lin Ji’s face: “What’s the matter? Something is troubling you?”

Was Lin Ji unhappy signing on to <<Mr.Wilson>>? That can’t be! This was a top rated opportunity from the inner entertainment circle!

Lin Ji glanced at her briefly, somewhat hesitated for a moment.

Gao Ning saw his expression. What? Something was actually worrying him?

She immediately sat down, took a sip of her black coffee, and then took the appearance of a concerned elder sister: “Do you want to talk about it with me?”

Rubbing on the area between his thumb and forefinger, Lin Ji hesitated for a moment before slowly opening his mouth: “Rong Qing sent me less messages today.”

……?

Gao Ning stared at him, waiting for him to continue. After a while, she realized.

No way? That’s it? That’s it???

Her face immediately pulled longer than a horse’s face.

What the h*ll!

I’m here acting as your concerned elder sister out of the kindness of my heart, but you’re actually messing with me?

Can you be humane, Lin Ji!

Gao Ning, who’s still been single for the last two years, roared loudly inside while she maintained the most elegant smile on her face.