Blind love

Requested by Sage_Lover
~~~~~~
"I don't suppose you've been introduced to my daughter." Aslan inquired as the four framed him on their walk through the summer field.
"No." Susan responded with a shake of her head.
"I didn't know you had a daughter." Lucy smiled up at the lion.
"Yes. She's my favorite thing in the world."
"How did you get her?"
"She was abandoned. I found her laying out in the forest. She was so small. No more than a couple months. I decided she'd be mine after that. I obviously had some help from others here in the camp. But she's been with me since then."
"How sweet." Lucy was almost tearing up.
"You all should meet her. She really is special."
They all trailed back to the camp and a horn went off.
"Ah. That'll be her." He nodded and walked up to the tent that seemed to have just closed. "Y/n!" She walked back out of the tent and walked up to him with her arms out.
"Dad!" She smiled. She tapped him on the head and then leaned in to hug him.
"Hi my love." He chuckled.
When she stood back up, she noticed the four around him.
"Oh! Hi! Im y/n."
The family introduced themselves and she bowed.
"Oh no need." Peter suggested waving his hand at her. "Just think of us like friends."
"Okay. Friends."
"Y/n why don't you show them around?"
"Okay. Hopefully I don't lead them blindly." She laughed which caused an eye roll from her dad.
The rest of the group didn't seem to get it. She brushed it off and walked them through the area.
Lucy and Susan had run off to go pick flowers and Edmund had gotten caught up talking battle strategy with some of the centaurs.

"The flowers are so beautiful at this time of year." Peter softly commented, hoping it would start a conversation.
"So I've heard." She smiled back at him.
"Do people say that often to you to start a conversation? Should I pick a new starter?"
"Huh? Oh! No! It's a wonderful conversation starter. I'm just told it's beautiful during the summer a lot. People have to describe it to me."
"Why's that?"
"Oh. I uh... I guess I never told you. I'm blind."
"You are? But you don't seem to have very many troubles."
"Well one because I've been blind my whole life so I've gotten used to it all, but two, I have a power which helps me see a little bit. I can't see very much but I can see general shapes. I see you standing here, I see that tree over there, I couldn't tell you what types of leaves they have, or what color, or anything else but I can make sure I don't run into walls." She laughed.
"Cool."
"My powers don't help all the time though. Sometimes it seems better without them."
"How so?"
"People rely so heavily on their sight that they sometimes miss using their other senses. When you dork have vision, you rely on other senses. Mostly I use my hearing and touch. I love just listening to sounds. People's voices, birds in the morning, the way different plants shake in the wind. Really small things sighted people wouldn't recognize."
"What about smell?"
"It's a way for me to identify things. Mostly plants but sometimes people. Everyone has their own scent."
"Interesting. Are you glad you have your power though?"
"Of course. But I'm not gonna say I'd be lesser without it. I'd still be just as capable. It's just a little easier with my power."
"Fair enough. I wish I could know what it was like. You sound like you are really happy."
She stood in front of him before holding out her hand.
"Come with me. I'll show you something."
They both walked down to the shore edge and y/n took her waist tie off. She wrapped it around peters eyes and tied it tight.
He held out his arms to make sure he didn't run into anything.
"You look like a newborn giraffe."
"How would you know?" He sassed looking into the sky to try to see something.
"I can still see your shaking figure." She laughed
She walked up to him and put his arms down.
"It's hard to be newly unsighted because you feel vulnerable. A majority of your information taken in is from your sight. So I'm gonna try to get you to experience more things through your other four senses." She pulled him closer to the water and he heard the stream get louder.
"You're pulling me to the water. I can hear it."
"There you go! You're already doing great!"
His toes touched the water and he shivered.
"It's so cold."
They were both waist deep and y/n took his hand.
"Here. Put your hand just above the water and then dip your hand in. Feel the current?"
"Yeah."
"That's how I tell where I can and can't swim. I can't even see if there is water where I am but since I can hear and feel it, I know I'm in water."
"That's crazy."
"It's pretty neat huh?"
"Yeah it is!" Peter pulled the tie off and looked at her. She was smiling up at him.
"You're right in front of the sun so I can actually see more detail about you. No facial features but you have fluffy hair. Pretty tall."
"What if I turn to the side? Could you see my profile?"
"I could." He turned and she laughed.
"You have a cute nose."
"Thank you." He chuckled
Y/n shuffled around while looking at him.
Her toes touched the giant rocks that lay home at the bottom of the river. She moved her foot but the rock wasn't where she thought it was. Her toes released from the flooring and she felt the water encapsulate her chest.
Peter launched and caught her, making sure her head didn't go under.
"Are you okay?" He asked breathing heavily.
"Yeah. I'm okay."
"Good." She grazed her fingers around abs realized she was extremely close to Peter. She could hear him breathe. His loose shirt was now stuck to his skin. It made a wet sound when it parted from his skin.
Even though they were in the water, she could smell his sweet scent. He smelled fresh like summer flowers. He also smelled a little like sweat but it wasn't a bad smell.
"Come on. We should probably get back to camp. They are gonna think we've wandered off and gotten lost."
He helped her out of the water and they both dried off on their walk back.
"Where have you guys been?" Susan scolded
"We we're down by the river." Peter motioned in the direction of the river
"And why were you doing that? You realized you missed two meetings right?"
"It's my fault. I wanted to show him some things and we just lost track of time. Don't be upset with him. He was just being nice."
Susan scoffed and turned on her heels. She stomped off to a tent which housed her and her sister.
"She's so mad at me." Peter groaned.
"I'm sorry Peter. I didn't know you'd get in trouble."
"It's alright. I absolutely don't regret a thing. That was amazing."
Peter leaned down and kissed y/n on the cheek. She felt her face flush as Peter walked off.

A week or two had passed and y/n and Peter were connected at the hip. They were never apart except for when Peter had meetings.
Peter found y/n picking some fruit off of trees after he got out of a council meeting. He walked up quietly behind her. He put his hands around her eyes.
"I already can't see. You don't have to do that." He stayed silent, not wanting his voice to give it away.
"Am I supposed to guess who you are?"
Still she received silence.
"I know it's Peter."
"What? How did you guess so easily."
"One I'm blind. I don't need sight to guess. And two, you're really loud when you walk, you have a heavy step and your clothes make a lot of noise. Your hands are really soft so when they were on my face I knew and you smell good like you always do."
"Well I covered your eyes because I didn't want you to see my shadow."
"Ah okay smarty!"
"Wait I smell good?"
"What?"
"What?"
"Huh?"
"I think you've confused me."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Don't avoid what you said." He turned the girl to face him.
"I seriously don't know what you're saying. Can't hear you."
"You're blind, not deaf." She cursed under her breath. "So you think I smell good?"
"Yes? Is that weird?"
"No. I take it as a compliment."
"Well you do."
Peter looked off to the side and smiled wide.
"Your nose crinkles when you smile." She informed him.
"You can see that?"
"Only when you turn to the side."
"You notice more than most sighted people."
"That's kinda my specialty." She shrugged
"You're amazing." He smiled at her and shook his head in disbelief.
Her face turned red and she tried to wipe it off with her sleeve.
"I want to show you something." Peter held his hand out and remembered she couldn't see it. "Oh...uh... I'm holding my hand out."
She laughed and reached her hand to his. She felt his soft skin and clasped her hand in his.
He pulled her along the camp and got to the edge of the forest.
"You should be able to feel this." He pushed her hand up against a tree and she ran her hands along.
"You carved our initials into a tree?" She looked in his direction.
"Yeah. I know it's kinda dumb but I wanted to."
"It's not dumb. It's cute."
"You like it?"
"I do." Peter took y/n by surprise by pulling her into a hug. She hummed in delight and ran her fingers through his hair.
"This is my favorite thing." He commented lowly
"Mine too."