Cure for the sniffles

"What's your diagnosis doc? Am I dying?" I asked in a stuffed up nose kinda way.
Peter removed just hand from my forehead and shook his head.
"Just a cold princess. A little bit of a fever but not too bad. I think you might just live."
"Are you sure? What if I have the plague?"
Peter just laughed.
"You are so overdramatic."
"I am not! I'm concerned for my-" I was cut off by a cough that was just itching to get out "health."
"Princess, you will be absolutely fine. You may feel a little under the weather for a while but you're not dying. At least not in reality, but in your mind, anything could be happening to you. Like there are probably little gnomes gnawing at your toes or little fairies in your ears."
I giggled as I scooted under the covers more.
"So what's the remedy doc?"
"Plenty if sleep, water and juice, eating right and-"
"Lots of love?"
"No princess, I can't get sick."
"A little bit of love?" I begged.
"A little bit of love." He replied, giving into my pleas.
He kissed my forehead and got up.
I looked at his brown suspenders that crossed at his back and saw the symbol in the middle of them.
"Peter." I called in my cracking voice.
"Yeah?" He asked turning back to me, his shoes squeaking against the floor.
"Can you stay here. I don't want to be lonely."
"Sure darling. I don't have anything to do today luckily, so I guess I'm on princess watching duty."
I scooted over and Peter got in bed with me.
I played and traced his fingers and palms. Peter just watched me and would sometimes be startled by my coughs or occasional sneezes.
I started to get drowsy and I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Peter?" I asked quietly.
"What is it darling?" He asked back just as soft.
"Can you tell me about Narnia again? What was it like to be a king?"
"Well, it was pretty cool. I fought in wars, learned how to sword fight, I even rode a unicorn."
I giggled a little which made me cough.
"What's so funny?"
"I'm just trying to imagine you as a king in your gold crown riding a unicorn into battle."
Peter laughed at the thought too and pressed a kiss to my temple.
"It was better than you could ever imagine."
"Then why don't you go back?"
"It doesn't really work that way. You don't choose when you visit narnia. Narnia chooses."
"I want to visit narnia."
"Maybe one day you will."
"One day."
I yawned and closed my eyes as I laid against peter.
I started to slowly drift off as I felt Peter lay me down and get in next to me.
He softly brushed my cheek with his finger and kissed it.
"Goodnight princess. Get better soon."