We meet again

"I can't believe it! It's all still here!" Peter smiled with his siblings as they scanned over the golden chests labeled for the kids with their dust covered marble statues behind them.
They rushed down the staircase to check their items left behind in the rubble. They all pushed up the hatches and gazed into the boxes. Susan and Lucy pulled out their favorite dresses and Edmund gathered his weapons.
Peter pulled out his shield and glumly remembered the past. There was a solemn steady of the air as they realized their friends were dead. There was a bitter taste in Lucy's mouth which transferred to Peter as he put down the shield and dug deeper into his chest. He reached the bottom blindly and then hit a soft but firm object. He furrowed his brows in confusion but then it hit him what the object was. His heart skipped a beat as he pulled it out.
"What's that?" Susan asked as they all laid eyes on the small velvety box in peters hand.
"It's a ring." Peter mumbled. His heart twinged.
"From who?" Edmund joined this conversation. Peter didn't say anything but just shook his head. "Peter from who?"
"It wasn't from someone..." Peter sighed "it was for someone."
Lucy gasped, she knew what Peter was saying.
"Peter... you don't mean... y/n?" Susan started
"I was going to propose the day we left. I guess the ring stayed here with her." Peter gripped his hand around the box, making it disappear completely in his fist. "I guess I'll never get to now." Peter whispered in sadness.
Lucy rubbed peters shoulder as he looked down at his feet. Susan wrapped her arms around her older brother and Edmund patted him on the back.
"Who knows. Maybe she's still here. This place us magic anyway." Lucy smiled weakly.
"Maybe." Peter said. He was almost hopeful, but his hope felt more like a wish than a reality.
They all took their items they wanted and moved out of the basement. Peter looked at his chest once more, looking at the ring sitting on top. He sighed and snatched the box, placing it in his pocket and following his three younger siblings.

The three made their long journey, following the dwarf and meeting the man who had called for them. Caspian was one curious and head strong man, but he didn't grow up with those things alone, he had a strong mind to help him. A girl who stood with her shoulders back and a mouth that was just as sharp as her sword coaxed the boys mind to his personality today.
"So who gave you the curious mind?" Susan tried to make small talk with the man she thought was gorgeous.
"Where'd you get the giant attitude?" Peter snarked half heartedly. Susan glared at him and then turned her attention back to Caspian.
"Uh well, curiosity started from my professor. He told me many stories when I was younger. Mostly stories about narnia or other magic. Stuff that you wouldn't believe until you've seen it with your own eyes."
"So where did it continue?" Susan pried on
"Well, the older I got, I started meeting people." The How came into view and people started to pibe up outside to greet them. "My professor continued to grow my curiosity but it was enhanced by a girl. She's also the one who started my attitude."
He smirked at Peter who wished he could scoff aloud. Peter knew he'd be in trouble with his oldest sister if he did though.
"A girl?" Lucy raised her eyebrows "Is she like... your girlfriend?"
Susan felt her face falter thinking about the idea of him having a girlfriend, she hadn't thought of it before.
"No no. Not a girlfriend, I love her, but never like that. She's like my sister." Susan felt her body relax and mentally sighed.
"Is she pretty?" Lucy smiled
"Beautiful, she's one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. I could practically mistake her as a Goddess." He laughed
"So shes beautiful, has an attitude, tells you stories, and has been with you forever? She sounds perfect." Lucy blinked rapidly taking in the mental image of this girl.
"She nearly is." Caspian laughed.
"Then what is it that makes her imperfect?"
"Well she is very bossy."
"How is that an imperfection?" Susan snapped half seriously, when she realized it made him uncomfortable she giggled to lighten the tension.
He just smiled and kept moving.
"So what is her name?" Susan asked as they hit the stone path leading into The How.
"Y/n-" Peter gasped
Susan was about to snark at him until he saw his face. She looked to where his wide eyes were staring and saw a familiar face handing a scroll to a centaur.
She surfed her eyes around until she caught the sight of Caspian and four old friends. Her smile dropped as she saw them.
They all approached and Caspian reached down to hug her.
"Hey y/n."
"Hey Caspian." She said breathlessly.
She pulled away still holding eye contact with peter. Caspian caught the tension and looked back at the four kids.
"Do you know them?"
"Yes." She answered with a nod "I was... very close with them in their prime."
"Y/n." Lucy sighed as she ran up for a hug. Y/n squeezed her smallest friend, feeling bittersweet at the sight of her growth.
"You've gotten way too big since I've last seen you."
Susan was next to grasp her close.
"Susan." Y/n hummed in delight.
"Hey." Susan pressed her face into y/ns shoulder, loving the feeling of hugging her friend again. They separated and gave each other a small smile.
Edmund looked around, trying to avoid a corny reunion.
"Edmund?" Y/n smirked with a raised brow.
"Hi." He squeaked giving her a wave. She opened her arms and waited for him to receive a hug.
He stepped forward and gave her a meek hug. But when he started he remembered how nice it felt to be comforted by her. He remembered many late nights where she sat next to him at his desk and gave him advice. He squeezed a little harder and relaxed his shoulders. She cradled his head and kissed his hair.
"I missed you." He whispered so quietly, even he was confused if he said it or not.
They let go of each other and Caspian cleared his throat.
"Would you guys like a tour?" He asked.
Everyone looked at him with an agreeing eye. They started on and y/n followed closely behind Caspian.
Peter watched y/n intensely as she walked. She was vastly different from the last time he saw her. Before she looked young, almost like a child. She was more round in the face then and her hair didn't accentuate her features like it did now. She had grown noticeably taller and her shoulders sat back in good posture. She was beautiful, she had always been attractive, but now she looked like a woman. Peter definitely felt like she was now out of his league. He remembered what he looked like in twenty years and he did not age as beautiful as she did.