Welcome to america

F/n and I were off running to school, late as usual. We weren't bad kids who were purposely late, we just had really poor timing.
I ran through the halls to my first class. Government.
It sucked that that was the class I was always late for. It's my most important class and they just had to place it first hour, not only to make me feel bad because I was late but because I never seemed to stay awake.
I bust open the door and said nothing but sat down. I huffed and fixed my hair.
"Ah, y/n, wonderful for you to join us twenty minutes late." My teacher snarked.
"Sorry sir."
"I'm gonna have to give you a detention if you're late again."
"Yes sir."
Well crap. I guess I'm gonna have to wake up an hour earlier.
I put my head on my hand and listened to the lecture. I looked over to see a new kid. He was blonde, fit and VERY cute. Like the cute that makes your heart leap because you can't tell if you want to take care of him or just make out with him heavily.
He was taking notes with a bunch of arrows and lines. He bolder things the teacher told us to remember.
Wow he's got it together.
The lecture soon ended and I got up to leave.
"Y/n could you stay after class please?" The teacher asked me.
I nodded and waved by to a friend as I stood next to the teacher.
Soon the new kid packed up and walked to the front.
"Ms Y/n, this is peter. He's from Finchley."
HES BRITISH?!! Oh god! This is not helping the case of my feels AT ALL!
"Hi." I said as I held out my hand for him to shake it. He shook my hand and I smiled.
"I thought it would be best to keep you in line if you show him around."
My eyes widened.
"S-sure." I complied.
"Good. Now here is a copy of his schedule." The teacher handed me the bleached piece of paper and I was shocked.
"This is the same as mine."
"Yes I know. That's why I picked you. That means you'll have no problem showing up to class because someone needs you."
I mentally screamed and walked out of the class.
"Usually if you just get the classes right for a couple days it'll just become second nature." I shrugged to him.
"That's good."
Even his voice is like honey.
"Yeah so second hour is right here. 216." I pointed the the class before we entered and then I opened the door to walk in.
"Ah, y/n, love to see you are helping mr Pevensie."
"Yep. Mr t/n is making me because he thinks it'll keep me from being late."
She let out a hearty laugh.
"Nothing will ever keep you from being late." She chuckled.
"Way to have faith in me Mrs S."
Mrs S and I were very close. She was basically my mother. She helped me through high school and now I take her course in college.
Peter and I sat down and I waved at mrs s.
"You friends with her?" Peter asked.
"Something like that yeah." I smirked as she started class.
By the end of the day, peter and I had had many conversations about pretty much anything. It was kinda weird how easy he was to talk to.
"So where are all your other friends?" He asked.
"I don't really have any." I hesitated to say.
"You? You don't have friends? Really?"
"I guess I'm just not really that popular" I shrugged "it's really not a big deal."
"I just don't get how you couldn't have friends! You're so cool!" He shouted.
"Thanks?" I laughed.
"Sorry. It's just really surprising." He seemed to blush.
"It's fine. I guess I'm just not used to friends."
"Well I'll be your friend." He said confidently, acting like he was doing a heroic deed.
"Yes my lord." I joked.
He seemed to be off put.
"It was a joke." I said reassuringly.
"R-right. Yeah. Of course."
"Are you okay?" I ask putting my hand lightly on his bicep.
"Yeah. I'm fine."
"Okay." I stopped pressing and walked beside him.
"Well this is my house." I stopped.
"Wow you live close to the school."
"Yeah. I gotta go."
"Okay. Bye."
I walked down my driveway and then remembered.
"Hey!" I shouted from the bottom of my driveway.
"Yeah?" He asked.
"Welcome to America." I laughed.
He smiled and waved as he walked away.