Take me to the future

Kinda like a spin off of the last part, "from the future" , but not directly connected to "from the future".
~~~~~~~~~
Peter had always wanted to see what the future would hold, but he would never have a way to visit. Peters thirst for growth in himself and society was beyond wild. And now that he had someone to give him that opportunity he was bouncing out of his skin to see.
"Come on y/n. Please let's go! I want to see the future."
"I don't know if that's how that works Peter!" She giggled as he grabbed her hand. "You technically wouldnt be alive in my generation and if you were... you'd be pretty old!"
"But the least we can do is try, right?" Peter was practically whining.
"Peter, I don't know. It could be dangerous." The girl sighed and made Peter stand still.
"And it's not dangerous to fight off minotaurs, centaurs, an evil witch, an entire kingdom who had ruled over for hundreds of years isnt?"
Y/n looked at Peter who's eyes were shimmering with plea.
"I'll talk to aslan and see what he can do."
"Yes yes yes! Thank you thank you!" Peter excitedly kissed y/n on the cheek and sprinted off. Y/n stood there for a minute trying process what just happened. She felt her cheek tingle from where Peter kissed her and she smiled to herself.
"This boy will be the death of us all." She mumbled as she walked off to find aslan.

"So there isn't anything you can do?"
"No dear one. You guessed correctly in the sense that Peter would age with the years of earth. Meaning it would be only a slight possibility that he would be alive. Let alone fully functional."
"Peters going to be so sad." I sighed as I looked at my clasped hands.
"I'm sorry... dear one. But we can only see so much."
"I understand." I nodded and turned to go find Peter. I can't believe I'm going to have to let him down like this.

"Peter? You in?" I ask knocking on his bedroom door. I assumed he was just answering mail by his desk.
"Come in." He called. I opened the door and snuck myself in with my head down. Not daring to make eye contact with him. "What is it?" He could see that I was uncomfortable.
"P-Peter... its not possible." I spoke barely above a mumble.
"What?"
"It's not possible to come back with me!" I shouted. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked up at him. His face was in shock. I don't know if it was from me shouting or from the answer I gave him.
"What do you mean?"
"You'd be dead if you came back with me. I live in 2018, you're already almost an adult in the 40s! You'd be at least 90 years old!" I laughed as the tears started to roll down and I averted my gaze.
"Did you talk to Aslan yet?"
"Yes, he said the same thing."
"But there's gotta be some way."
"Peter! It's not magic! You can't just LIVE forever!"
"That's exactly what it is!"
"Peter..." I scoffed and shook my head. He stood up and walked to me, putting his hands on my upper arms and rubbing them.
He stayed silent only looked at my eyes as they glossed in sadness.
"I know how much you wanted to come back with me but it's just not going to work. I don't want you to die, I want you to live with me forever and if that means staying here forever... that's what it means." I cried.
"What do you mean live together forever?"
I realized what I had said and knew that I slipped up. We had been close but not close enough to say stuff like that. I had a huge crush on him but he never knew of it. 
"N-nothing, i just don't want you to die."
"Okay. I won't go. I'll stay here. We will stay here." Peter nodded hoping to get a reaction out of me.
I nodded back at him and wiped my face with one of my long dress sleeves. Peter rested his thumb pads below my eyes and wiped any additional dampness away. His hands were soft and slightly cold compared to my warm cheeks.
"I gotta get back to these letters but I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"
"Y-yeah. I'll come get you tomorrow before breakfast."
"Okay." He smiled "goodnight y/n. Sweet dreams."
"Night Peter." I whispered as I made my way out of the door and to my own room. I couldn't wait to make contact with my pillow and go to sleep.

"Y/n! Y/n! Wake up! Wake up!" Peter shouted. I groaned and threw one of my pillows in his direction.
"What Peter?" My groggy voice complained.
"We get to go to your world!"
"What? Peter! It's too early for games! Go back to bed!"
"I'm not playing! Y/n, we get to go to 2018! I can do it! Let's go!"
"No, peter, you can't. I told you last night remember?"
"Yeah and then I talked to Aslan and he said he would let me go!"
"What?"
"Last night after you left I talked to Aslan and he said he'd make me strong enough to be able to go to your world! So let's GO!"
"Okay okay okay." Y/n wasn't comprehending what was happening but decided to play along to keep Peter happy.
Y/n got dressed quickly and walked out with Peter to meet Aslan in the fields. The white daisies were starting to grow and the long grass waved in the wind. Y/n was wearing a very simple light blue dress which was light enough to catch the breeze like the golden waves of grain in the distant fields.
"Peter, do you remember our deal?" Aslan asked as he nodded to Peter
"I remember." Peter reassured
"What deal?" Y/n asked, now a little on edge.
"It's not important." Peter brushed it off and asked Aslan to do his thing.
Aslan scratched the ground and amidst the air, a gold tear shred through the sky. Y/n could see cars along highways and people walking down Hollywood boulevard talking on their phones.
Y/n looked at Peter who was staring so intently. He was so close to seeing the future. Y/n stared with the same intent at Peter.
"He will be fine, dear one." Aslan reassured y/n, almost reading her mind.
She nodded and grabbed peters hand.
"Ready to see my world?"
He nodded and smiled at her.
"Be back in one earth day."
"Got it." Y/n nodded.
With that, y/n and Peter stepped through the veil and into y/ns world.

Cara honked, people talked noisily over the phone and restaurants music blasted angrily.
"Woah. This is wild. It's so... intoxicating."
"Welcome to 2018." Y/n scoffed.
"I want to learn  about everything."
"Let's get to my house first." Y/n suggested and pulled Peter along.
He watched the futuristic cars zoom by and watched as people tapped on metal boxes.

Peter walked in to see a huge colored tv on the wall.
"Woah! That's a tv!"
"Yeah. You can watch basically anything you want. There's this thing called Netflix, it lets you watch a bunch of different movies whenever you want."
"And these things, I've seen them a lot. Are they portable phones?"
"Yes, a smartphone. It can do pretty much anything. Call people, text people, take pictures, send mail, play games, etc."
"What's texting?"
"It's like... mail and calling someone. It's typing a bunch of words but it gets to the other person instantly."
"Wow, cool. And what's this?"
"A computer, like a typewriter, but better. Almost like a bigger version of a phone."
"Can it call people?"
"Yes, with a thing called Skype. It's like seeing someone face to face but over a screen. Watch this." Y/n riddled with her phone and handed it to Peter. "Click the green button when it comes up." she walked into another room and called him. He clicked the button she told him too and she popped up on the screen.
"Woah! It's you!" He laughed.
"It is!" She laughed back "okay I'm gonna show you one more thing."
She came back out and hung up on him. She opened a popular app and clicked on a sound.
"What's this?" Peter asked.
"It's called tiktok. You do a bunch of dances and record them, then you upload them to this website and people from all around the world can see it! It's called social media. There's also Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc,"
"So tiktok? Can we do a tiktok dance?"
"Sure, I'll teach you one."
They danced and laughed as y/n taught and Peter messed up many times. He actually had good rhythm and got it pretty well. It was probably from training to sword fight. Y/n posted one of the dances and laughed.
"Okay, we need to get some food. I'm starving. I'll take you to McDonald's."
"McDonald's?"
"Yes, it's a fast food chain."
"Oh, I've heard of fast food, isn't it supposed to be bad for you though?"
"Yeah, it is, but we eat it anyway."
"Huh, future people are weird." Peter sighed.
"Yeah... we are." Y/n laughed.

So peter enjoyed his first McDonald's meal as y/b explained the concept of more technology. She also talked about school and social media, along with the stereotypes and impossible standards.
"You know you're absolutely perfect to me, right?" Peter whispered as he felt bad about how she must think of herself.
"Really? Thank you Peter. I appreciate it."
Y/n looked at the clock and saw that it was around ten o'clock.
"Wow, we should get to bed."
"Sure. I guess I'll take the couch." Peter pointed
"No, I'll take the couch. You need the bed. You've been overstimulated, you need good sleep."
"I'm not going to take your bed."
"Well then I guess we will just have to sleep in the same bed then." Y/n joked.
"Okay. Sounds good to me." Peter shrugged.
"Uh-I-I was joking."
"What? It's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before."
"Fine! Fine! But let's go. I'm tired, okay?"
"Okay I'm going."
They both got into bed and y/n closed her eyes. Peter watched as she slowly drifted off and he held her closer to his chest.
He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.
"I promise Aslan. I'll do what I'm told, but I want to be with her for just a little bit longer." Y/n stirred and Peter shushed her back to sleep. "I wanted to marry you so bad, but I guess I can't now that I've signed my marriage away. Lady Eldra is the woman I'll marry. Not out of love, that was my deal. In order to be with you in the future, I'd have to give up our future." Peter could feel his heart sinking lower and lower, knowing he probably regretted giving up his chances with y/n, but she didn't even like him... right?
Maybe he'll never know.