Theres always a guy pt 2

Tbh... probably gonna make this a series... I have a lot of ideas following this storyline so it's gonna be at least three parts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
From age 19 to 20 was a huge difference in y/ns looks. She grew which was surprising to most, even herself, and her style had seemed to change. Everyone knew her last year based on her style but everyone was thrown for a loop when she walked in on her first day of college year number two.
She dragged in all of her stuff to her dorm room which she called "the hole". It was the same room as last year and each room mate got the same room. They were all excited to be staying together again. The only thing that was different is they were down one room mate who transferred colleges.

First pov
"It's gonna be weird without them here this year." My roommate sighed as she unpacked her stuff in the room next to mine. The walls in the dorm were so thin we could talk to each other through it.
"I know. They were the best decorator. We made them design the living room and the kitchen. Who's gonna make everyone believe we live in an off campus apartment now?"
"Yeah. I'll miss them. They were also my study partner. Shit." She realised how screwed she was without them. 
"I can help you with studying if you want." I shrugged as I folded another empty box.
"Really? What about Peter? He's always been your study buddy."
"He's okay. He helps me. Not the other way around."
"So then how are you gonna help me?"
"I've done some work over the break. I think I'll be top of the class this year."
"Good for you best friend." She cheered.
"How does your room look? Can I see now?"
"Yes! Can i see yours?"
"Uh huh!" I placed my last pillow on my bed with strain.
I walked over to her room, hearing my knees crack as I trotted.
"Three two one." She opened her door and gestured to the room.
"Wow! It looks exactly the same!" I laughed.
"What about you?"
I pulled her to my room by her wrist and opened the door.
"Holy shit y/n." She was astounded "this is nothing like it was last year."
"I know. But I got really into all this stuff over break. I wanted to take it with me."
"Cool! You'll have to introduce me to some stuff! I love learning about what my besties like."
"Absolutely."

Everyone had finally made it into the dorm room and everyone had stopped hammering, slamming doors, knocking things over and clamouring up the stairs by dinner that night.
Peter had set up his room but was out all day getting groceries and other things we'd need so I hadn't had the chance to see him.
"I'm gonna sneak into his room and see how it looks." I whispered to my friend. She gave me a thumbs up from the living room couch and I creaked open the door.
"Damn, everyone's rooms look the same. I was hoping for some spice this year!"
"Sorry we are all boring." My friend laughed
"Clearly." I grumbled.

I sprawled out on my bed, planning my week when I heard a knock on the front door. I walked out and opened it to only see some bags and a head of lettuce sitting on top.
"Help."
"Okay okay. Here." I pulled the bags off the top and helped him set them on the dining table.
"Well damn Peter. You'll have us eating for weeks. How much did you spend?" I unfolded the receipt and looked at the total. "Peter we can only each cover to half of this..."
"I know. I got the rest." Peter was still focused on the bags that he hadn't even looked up at me. I hadn't even seen his face but noticed his hair was different. A little longer and looked like it was highlighted "my job just promoted me. I'm making three dollars more an hour. I'm full time now."
"Full time job and law pathway for college? You're gonna be swamped." I turned my back to him to put the plates into the cupboards.
"Yeah. I know but I think it's what I need to be doing." I turned to him as he shrugged.
"Well. Good luck to you then. And I'll start your year off with this." He turned to me and stared. "Take it!"
He snapped his vision to my hand where I held a glass sprite.
"Hey! A glass bottled sprite!" He smiled.
"It's going to be our tradition."
"Its still the best form." He smiled as he opened his drink.
"Absolutely."
"God who could have imagined that a little over a year ago was the first time we talked to each other?"
"Who could have imagined that you're already a year and a half into college?"
"That's even more crazy. I'm really glad I took those spring classes. Otherwise we wouldn't have met."
"That's true."
"So when did you start looking so different?" He asked suddenly.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean four months ago you would have never dressed like this. And your hair is different. What's up with it?"
"Do you not like it?"
"What?! I never said that! Of course I like it! It's just new!"
"I don't know. I just started branching out more and this is what I like now."
"Cool."
"You know you look different too."
"Do I?"
"Not as different as I do but you definitely look older. I can see it in your face. And did you highlight your hair?" I walked closer to him to inspect him.
"Yeah, I changed it up a little from the old hair."
"From the bowl cut you mean?"
"It was not a bowl cut."
"Okay it wasn't but it might as well have been."
He laughed and looked at his feet.
"Anyway, yeah I did. This girl from my home town said I should."
"You went back to England over the summer?"
"Yeah."
"How was that?"
"Weird. I forget how different America and England are."
"Yeah. How's your family? I assume the kids are in college now as well?"
"Yeah. Ed just started his first official year and Lucy being left alone decided to take a study year in another country so she's off by herself."
"Wow that's crazy."
"I know. I remember when they were just starting school."
My brows knitted together when my stomach dropped
"What's wrong?" Peter asked setting his sprite on the counter.
"Nothing. Just.. feels different. Every thing feels different. While most people haven't changed physically we all feel older. You know how I am with change and stuff. Just a little nervous."
"You'll be alright. I'm still here!"
"Yeah but you're older too. You look different. And who's this girl you talked to at home?"
"Oh she's great, we were friends before I even came to America. We are pretty close."
I felt my stomach flinch. I couldn't possibly be upset right now could I? I mean I liked him but I wasn't possessive. He's aloud to be with other people. I haven't even told him I like him. So it wasn't fair for me to feel this way.
"That's... that's cool Peter. I'm glad you got to see her again." I clasped my hands in my lap and cleared my throat "I'm gonna head to my room. I'll talk to you later."
I walked off and to my room. After I closed my door I let out a big sigh. I flopped on my bed just confused. I was angry but not at him. I was angry at myself. He shouldn't feel bad for talking about other people and I shouldn't feel bad when he does.

Time had passed and we were already weeks deep into school. My schooling was going pretty well for last years train wreck. I almost didn't pass. Peter was the only thing that pulled me through with a passing grade. I scoffed at the thought of last year and how Peter was always at the center of everything. He just can't leave my mind can he?
I clutched my books as I made my way to ny second class of the day. The walking schedule had become second nature to me now. I could put myself on auto pilot and get there. It was fall, the leaves were turning ever so slowly but they started to crisp none the less. Some had already traveled to the ground and satisfied people with their crunch.
"Hey y/n!" I heard a peppy voice call me. I turned still holding my books in front of me to see Peter wearing a very different outfit.
"What... are you wearing?"
"Don't you like it? It's my new style for law school?"
"Khaki pants and a faded sweater that my grandma would own?" I questioned "this is definitely a woman's top."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is. Where did you get it?"
"From... the mens section."
"Did you get it from a thrift store?"
"Yes..." he said hesitantly
"They put a woman's top in the mens section." I nodded and turned to face in front of me.
"Are you serious?"
"Yes! Look at it! It's got boob room!" I slid my hands into the chest area to show him the room between his chest and the top.
"This is a woman's top." He defeatedly sighed as he looked to the sky.
"It's a woman's top." I agreed.
"Shit."
I could only smirk at my shoes feeling a little joy from his misery.
"You still going to class, grandma?" I laughed at him.
"Shut up. You speak of this to anyone and I'll take your soul."
"Oh ha ha. Very funny Peter. Come on." I gripped his arm covered by his white button up shirt.
We both sat in class, sitting next to each other. He put his stuff down and then waited for class to start. We watched as other people flooded in and soon a girl walked in by herself. I watched as Peter scanned her then turned back to me.
"I need to take this sweater off." He scrambled to fit the sweater over his head and get it off. He pulled it off and if it were a cartoon, there would have been a pop sound effect in the air after it passed his head.
"Jeez Peter. It's not that big of a deal. If I didn't point it out you never would have noticed. If you like the sweater, wear it."
"No, no I can't wear it in front of her. I mean what if she sees me?"
"Who?" I furrowed my brows and then he looked at the girl who just walked in. She was beautiful and a sense of style I couldn't deny. She had dark skin which was flawless and her hair was really shiny. Her makeup stood out against her skin which only made her more beautiful.
"Shit." I mumbled to myself. I crossed my arms and sat back in my hair.
This was going to be a long year.

Another week passed and Peter started to leave me alone. He would walk to class with the girl he saw in our shared class.
I adjusted my top and clasped my book in my hand. It was getting colder now. Winter was starting to hit which means couples would be closer and I would want to vomit more.
I walked into class and saw Peter talking to her as she sat on the desk. He was close to her, he held her hand in his.
"Your fingers are freezing." He chuckled
"I forgot my gloves in my dorm." She frowned.
I couldn't be mad at her. She was beautiful, she was smart and she was really nice. When Peter introduced me to her she was nothing but sweet.
"Give me a break." I grumbled turning my head away and fixing my beanie to cover my cold ears.
The teacher clapped his hands and everyone took that as a queue to sit down. Peter sat down next to me and smiled.
"Hey, how's it going?" He whispered as the teacher turned to the board.
"It's fine." I mumbled tapping my pen on my book, keeping my eyes glued to the wooden table in front of me.
"You okay?" He asked trying to look at my face.
"I'm fine." I snapped.
"Okay. Just know you can talk to me if you're upset. Whatever it is."
"I know." I glared at him.
"Good."