Chapter 5 : Whip Marks

Unexpectedly Wei Ying woke up early than usual. He got up from bed in search of Lan Zhan. He went to the other side of Jingshi and got shocked at the sight in front of him.

Lan Zhan was changing clothes. But that's not what shocked Wei Ying but the dozens of whip marks on his back.

They were the scars from a discipline whip. In the different sects, there was a type of discipline whip to punish disciples of that sect who made significant mistakes. After the torture, the scars would never disappear.

Although Wei WuXian had never been hit by a discipline whip before,Jiang Cheng had been. Even after desperately trying, he couldn’t make the disgracing imprint fade one bit. This was why Wei WuXian would never
misremember scars like this.

Usually, with only one or two strikes of the discipline whip, it would already be enough of a punishment for the bearer to remember it for their whole life, never to make the same mistake ever again.But the amount of scars on Lan Zhan's back accumulated thirty at the least.

Just what sort of monstrous crime did he commit for him to be whipped so many times? Lan Wangi , the most righteous pupil of Lan Qiren who never violates any rule. What exactly on the earth happened in the last 6 years when I was not around?

At the moment, Lan Zhan felt someone's presence behind him ,he turned now only to see Wei Ying with a blank expression.

Seeing the whip marks Wei Ying was already shocked enough but he didn't know more shocking thing was waiting for him.

When Lan Zhan turned around,beneath his collarbone and near his heart, there was a clear sear. Seeing the sear, Wei Ying’s shock instantly reached its highest peak.

That - that's wen clan's branding iron's mark.. how come he has this mark. This is the same mark he once had in his original body. He got that while saving the girl Mianmian's face from being branded by the jealous Wang Lingjiao.

"Wei Ying?"

Hearing his name he came out of his deep thoughts,  saw Lan Zhan already dressed up. He hardly surpressed the urge to ask him about those marks.

He gave his bight smile and asked,"Gege, are you going somewhere?"

"Mn. Some problem in town.”

" Is gege going to kill evil spirits like last time? "

" Mn"

" Woah! That's so cool. Can YingYing come to? " He gave those unavoidable puppy eyes.

” No. Dangerous." Lan Zhan said with a serious expression.

"Whhyyy~~ I will be bored without gege" he whined

"Stay.Play with Sizhui and others. Tell them if you want something."

"Mhmmnn.... Come back fast” he said pouted while hugging Lan Zhan.Lan Zhan hugged him back.

"Don't trouble others. Take care"

”Hehe, don't worry gege . YingYing will be good boy. " Wei Ying said smiling.

Lan shook his head and sighed knowing what does being good boy means. He then left for Caiyi town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having breakfast, Wei Ying was walking around cloud recesses while thinking about those marks. He can't just get them out of his mind.

He realized that he came to the back of cloud recesses where Lan Zhan's bunnies stay. He saw that Sizhui and Jingyi were feeding the bunnies.

"Me too me too. I want to feed them too." He said running towards them.
Maybe I can get some information out of them ..he thought approaching them.

The teens smiled seeing Wei Ying's excitement. Sizhui gave him a carrot to feed the bunnies. Wei Ying sat down beside them and started taking to the bunnies about random things while feeding them. Other two boys just kept smiling at him.

"..... and u know one time I asked that grumpy shopkeeper to give me a bun bcz I was so hungry. But He didn't give me any but hit me with the stick. It hurted so much. It must be hurt a lot to Zhanzhan gege ,right bunnies?"

Hearing him say that Sizhui and Jingyi looked at each other confused. It's not first time they heard him talking about getting hit. He says that everyday with his nonstop talking. But where does hanguan-jun comes from?!

Sizhui asked, " um.. A-ying?"

Wei Ying turned hearing his name. His plan worked . "Yes gege?"

"What do you mean by Hanguan-jun felt the same?"

"Oh that? I saw hitting marks on gege's mark this morning. There were so many even more than mines. Is would have hurted so much... Was gege use to be naughty like me? Is that why he got punished?" He asked innocently.

Sizhui was so shocked didn't know how to reply to that. However Jingyi couldn't stand the accusation of their best hanguan-jun. Although he is strict but they respects him a lot.

"Obviously not. Our hanguan-jun is the most righteous person u can ever meet. It's all bcz of that yiling louzou!" Jingyi said.

What ?! Me?!  I was not even alive that time how come this is my fault too?!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

End of chapter 5