Chapter 8

*Freya's P.O.V*

I managed to act like nothing had ever happened between Lady Dimitrescu and I. I mean having the new rules added sucked but I managed to just send the list of stuff I wanted and my money with Taylor so that she could buy what I wanted from the Village. However now I really wanted to go outside in the garden but there was one small problem. No one could actually supervise me since it was so cold out.

I hadn't thought about that when Lady Dimitrescu had first made that rule but none of the three had ever gone outside. They couldn't because it severely weakened them and could kill them within minutes. I was frowning over that when Daniela found me, her arms wrapping around my waist.

"What's wrong bug-a-boo?" Daniela asked as she rested her head on my shoulder. "You're frowning and you never do that unless someone upset you," she said quietly.

"I want to go into the garden to garden but I can't because either you or your sisters have to watch me but you can't go in the cold so that means I can never garden," I said as tears pricked my eyes. I wiped the tears away roughly and was surprised when Daniela grabbed my hand to stop me.

"Hush bug, you think we didn't think about that before that became a rule?" Daniela asked as she turned me around, smiling softly. "Come on, I want to show you what we've been working on," she said.

"Piggyback ride?" I questioned quietly. She sighed and turned around, crouching down. I jumped onto her back, holding onto her shoulders. "Man, the weather is so much colder up here," I said, which earned a groan from Daniela.

"The tall jokes are getting old," she informed me as she walked down the hallway. I rested my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes since I didn't really care about the long, twisty hallways we were going down. It was a few minutes before I heard anything.

"Daniela, are you giving her a piggyback ride?" I heard Cassandra's voice ask.

"No, I'm just carrying her on my back in a style similar to a piggyback ride," Daniela retorted, her voice deadpan.

"Ha ha, smartass," Cassandra muttered, making me giggle. I snuggled into Daniela before she suddenly set me down. I opened my eyes and stared at Daniela with a pout.

"Don't pout," Daniela said as she kissed my forehead. I looked around curiously, I hadn't ever been on this side of the house. It was on the very far side of the house which was scary because it was almost always dark down those hallways.

"I've never been on this side of the house, it's always scared me," I informed Daniela which made her nod.

"It can be scary over here, it usually is dark but this is where me and Cass usually spend our time," Daniela said. "Now, I know you're upset about not being able to garden and wanting to do that but we have a solution for that," she said as she guided me to a door. I opened the door after Daniela gave me permission and pulled the door open.

My eyes widened in surprise at the glass room that stretched around and the heat that warmed the room. There was frost on the glass but the room was quite warm and it was lined with planters.

"It's a greenhouse. It used to be Bela's greenhouse ages ago but she lost interest in it and it kind of just started gathering dust," Daniela said. "This way you can garden and be supervised because of the fact the room is heated to keep the plants alive," she stated.

"Bela's okay with me having it?" I questioned quietly in shock as I looked around. It was so large, there was so much room to grow a bunch of different things.

"Bela is the one who suggested it when Mother said we needed to find a way for you to garden but also to keep you inside," Cassandra answered. "We got some fertilizer for you but it's still being made at the moment," she informed me.

"I love it," I whispered as I ran my hands through the soil in the planters, already mapping out a visual garden to know where everything needed to be planted. "Where's Bela at?" I questioned which made Daniela tilt her head.

"Bela," she called and there was a soft buzzing noise soon after. Bela reformed in front of Daniela with a curious expression. "Freya wanted you," Daniela explained.

"What did you want me for?" Bela asked before I launched myself at her, wrapping my arms around her tightly in a hug. She tensed in surprise for a moment before hugging me back.

"Thank you for letting me have your greenhouse," I whispered as she patted my back gently.

"You're welcome Faye," Bela said as she kissed the top of my head. "I am glad someone can finally use it and enjoy it after so long of being empty," she stated. "Did Daniela tell you that she ordered some seeds for you to plant?" she asked, to which I shook my head.

"I ordered you some vegetable plants and a bunch of different flower seeds since I know you like flowers," Daniela admitted, which made me let go of Bela and latch onto Daniela, wrapping my arms around her neck as she lifted me up, her hands resting on my bottom to support me.

"Gross, physical affection," Cassandra muttered, making me pull back and glare at her. She rolled her eyes which made me stick my tongue out. "I'll tell my mother that you think about her as your caregiver and fantasize about it," she retorted which made my cheeks heat up.

"I hope you get caught in a fly trap," I said, which made her gasp as she held her hand over her heart. I paused after a moment as my heart dropped, my face heating up. Lady Dimitrescu had heard the whole conversation that we had in the hallway, Lady Dimitrescu knew that I thought of her as a caregiver sometimes. Oh no, this was absolutely terrible