Chapter 18

*Freya's P.O.V*

I regretted calling Mommy by her first name instantly, shivers running down my back at the thought of getting another spanking. The one I got earlier had left me still sore and she had let me pick my punishment then, this time I didn't think she would be so generous.

I hurried to her room, planning on sitting there and behaving until she came to speak to me. I tugged the door to her room open, padding onto the carpeted floor as I looked around. I usually only fell asleep in here and woke up, most of my time wasn't spent in here. I had only found the marker because I knew that she had writing stuff in her vanity.

I padded over to her vanity, climbing into her chair. I felt small in the chair that normally had a giant woman sitting in it. I sat on my knees to be more comfortable, not to feel taller. That was certainly not my reason at all.

I looked over her vanity and an idea hit me when I saw the timer sitting on her vanity. If I put myself into timeout then maybe she wouldn't give me a spanking plus it would show her that I was sorry and maybe she would let me keep my birdy. I had to stand up and lean all the way over to get the timer and pulled it closer, staring at the numbers on it. It only went to twelve so I turned it all the way to twelve, ignoring the five little notches between each number.

I sat the timer at the edge of her vanity before I slid out of the chair, wincing at the drop from the chair to the floor. I crossed the room to the corner, staying still as I stood there. My legs shook as I faced the white painted corner, the soft cream accents catching my attention. I traced the accents with my finger.

I occasionally turned to squint at the timer, frowning at the fact that it barely seemed to move. After it took forever for the timer just to reach 11, I was frustrated. I kicked the wall in front of me with a frown on my lips, my legs tingling from standing for what felt like forever.

A soft squeak escaped me when a buzzing sound entered the room and stopped right behind me. I turned around, shrinking back when I came face to face with Daniela, Cassandra, and Bela. I hadn't expected to face them at the moment, in fact I hadn't thought about facing them at all after I had called Mommy by her first name.

"Hi," I whispered as I felt their eyes piercing into me. I tucked a loose strand of my long brown hair behind my ear.

"What did you say to Mother?" Bela said as I glanced up to stare into her gold eyes.

"I said that she wasn't my boss," I whispered and heard a breath leave Cassandra that sounded like a sound of shock. "And I also called her by her first name," I admitted.

"Oh you are dead," Cassandra said to which Daniela elbowed her in the side roughly. "Am I wrong? Mother is in a terrible mood," she muttered as she grabbed Daniela's arm when she tried to elbow her and held it in place.

"Why would you ever say anything like that?" Bela questioned as she stepped closer to me.

"I wanted to keep a birdy I caught and she was being a meanie by saying no and told me not to slam the doors, which is when I said she wasn't my boss," I muttered as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why are you in the corner? Mother was still going to look for you after she finished getting rid of her anger and calmed down some," Daniela stated.

"I thought I wouldn't get a spanking if I put myself in timeout," I admitted as I bit the inside of my mouth to distract from the looks they were giving me. "I even set a timer," I said as I pointed out the timer on the vanity.

"You would be lucky to not end up in the cellar, I've never seen someone call Mother by her first name and not end up there," Cassandra said, ignoring the glare Bela gave her.

"The cellar?" I whispered, gulping slightly at the thought of the dark room. I had never gone down there, I knew a few maids who had and they had spoken about how terrible it was. They had described it as a small cell with blood coating the floor. They had said it smelt like copper and like dead bodies that were rotting.

I bit the inside of my cheek harder, whimpering when my teeth pierced my cheek. My breathing became more erratic as I thought of being left in the dark all night. Hot tears fell down my face as I swallowed nervously, the blood inside my mouth causing bile to rise in my throat. The taste and the idea of being stuck in the dark sitting in blood caused my stomach to churn. I gagged as I lost my breakfast and lunch all over my sundress.

"Faye," Daniela said as she grabbed my shoulder, wincing slightly as blood trickled from my mouth.

"What is going on here?" Mommy's voice rang through the room. I looked up at her voice, feeling smaller than I had for a long time.

"Mommy," I whimpered as her golden eyes raked over me. Sobs escaped my lips and her eyes narrowed slightly at the blood on my chin. She easily made her way over to me in only a few strides, picking me up and ignoring the throw up on my dress.

"You three follow me," Mommy said as she carried me to the bathroom, setting me down for a moment as she pulled my dress off. I latched onto her as she lifted me up, letting me cling to her. "Explain to me what happened," she ordered them as she started the water in the bathtub. I clung to her, grabbing onto her dress tightly.

"We were just talking about how angry you were and Cassandra mentioned how no one had called you by your name without ending in the cellar and then Faye seemed to panic and threw up," Daniela said simply.

"I didn't mean to upset her, I thought she would know I was joking," Cassandra said as Bela flew out of the room for a second before she came back.

"Freya put herself in timeout in hopes of not getting a spanking, she used your hour timer," Bela explained as she handed the timer to Mommy. Mommy had just turned the water off, putting some lavender scent in the water.

"Cassandra, you can't make jokes like that when Faye is little," Mommy stated simply. "You three shouldn't have brought anything up to Faye and I would have handled everything," she stated as she sat the timer on the sink. "Now I need to give your sister a bath so please leave us," she said.

I watched them swarm out of the room, whining when Mommy pulled me back. She gently tugged my pullup down and sat me in the bathtub, ignoring my whine.

"You're trouble draga mea," Mommy said as she knelt beside the bathtub, gently running her fingers through my hair. "But you're my trouble little one," she whispered as I leaned into her touch quietly.