Chapter 53

*Freya's P.O.V*

Mommy hadn't set me down for the past day. She kept me in her arms the whole time, soothing me whenever I started to cry at the thought of leaving her. I cried a lot yesterday and this morning.

Mommy couldn't even be the one to take me to Auntie Donna's. It had to be Mother Miranda. I didn't want Mother Miranda, I wanted my Mommy. However no matter how much I begged, Mommy said she couldn't come with me.

I sniffled softly as she sat me down as I had cried myself out of tears. I knew my eyes were red and puffy but I couldn't bring myself to care. Taylor was also there and she gave me a reassuring hug. Apparently she was going with me. At least I had her so I would have someone who understood my regressed side a lot better.

Auntie Donna was nice, I liked her a lot. She just didn't really know me all that well and I was scared of staying in new places. Plus Angie was still mad at me for selling her out to Donna. I know that cause a few days ago she had called and just screamed into the phone when I answered it.

I looked at Mother Miranda when she entered the house, a heavy cloak wrapped around her. I frowned slightly when she looked at me, hiding behind Taylor who laughed slightly as she twisted around to face me.

"It will be okay Frey," Taylor reassured me. "I'll keep you safe from the mean Mother Miranda," she said with a small smile. I huffed slightly when I saw the teasing grin on her face, knowing that she would definitely not save me from Mother Miranda.

"It will be okay darling," Mommy reassured me as she bent down and kissed the top of my head. I tilted my head back to look at her. She smiled gently as her fingers combed through my hair. "You'll be home as soon as that man thing is dealt with," she stated.

"Okay," I whispered softly as I leaned into her hand for a moment. Her nails gently scratched against my scalp for a moment. I wouldn't say goodbye because if I said that then it felt like a permanent thing. It wouldn't be, I would get to come back to Mommy.

"Now you have to go with Mother Miranda darling," Mommy said as she nudged me towards Mother Miranda. I whined softly but I hesitantly walked over to Mother Miranda. She lifted me up, wrapping her cloak around me tightly. I snuggled into her, my face pressing into her shoulder as she made sure I was completely covered.

"We'll go now," Mother Miranda said simply. I was completely in the dark now and I heard the door open. I immediately felt cold, my hands already going numb from the feeling of it. Mother Miranda walked quickly as I tried to keep my body warm by pressing against her even closer. I heard a door open and I was placed in the carriage, still wrapped in her cloak. The door shut a moment after and I slowly uncurled.

"You alright?" Taylor asked. Her voice made me jump and I realized that she was sitting next to me. I leaned closer, my cold hands snaking up her shirt to try and warm themselves up. "God your hands are cold," she muttered.

"I know," I whispered. Taylor was used to being my personal heater, she would have let me know if she wanted my hands gone so I just leaned against her. My hands did not look good, I had seen a brief glimpse and they looked purple.

"We'll be fine Faye, my little fairy. My angel," Taylor said teasingly, making me giggle. She always tended to use all my nicknames at once. "Is little fly more suitable?" she asked with a small smirk on her lips.

"No," I whined at that, glaring at her slightly for even suggesting that. Her skin was warm against my hand and I could feel my hands warming up.

"What does Lady Dimitrescu call you? Little dragon?" Taylor asked teasingly. My wings twitched slightly on my back as if reminding me that they were there. Not that I ever forget about them since they liked to bump into things.

"You are not allowed to call me that, I will fight you," I said simply. I shifted to get more comfortable as the carriage moved. The bumps on the road made me move with each one but I just used Taylor as a pillow. She had accepted her fate and so we sat in silence for however long it took to get to Auntie Donnas.

Once the carriage stopped, I groaned and rewrapped myself up in the cloak. I knew that my hands were going to be cold again so I clasped them together. They had only just returned to their normal color so I hated to have to be in the cold. I tucked my hands into my shirt as the door opened.

I was picked up and quickly moved inside. Once I was sat down, I immediately moved to the closest source of heat. That happened to be a fireplace. I didn't even look around the room as I tried to get warm.

"Evil baby," I heard Angie shriek as she slammed into me. I barely managed to stay standing as the cloak dropped off of me. I looked down at her with a pout as she climbed up me, her wooden fingers digging into me as she hung onto my arm.

"Get off," I huffed as I looked down at her before looking around the room for help. Taylor was too busy talking to Mother Miranda, making her a traitor. Auntie Donna was just standing in the doorway of the hall. My eyes lingered on the living room and I looked at the dolls on the tables with wide eyes.

"I want you to meet my friends," Angie said as she dropped down, grabbing my hand and dragging me closer to the dolls.

"No!" I said quickly as I turned into a swarm and flew behind Auntie Donna before I reformed. I hung onto her waist, making her freeze for a moment before her hand moved to rest on my head. I buried my face into her side as her hand gently stroked my hair.