Chapter 28

More bratty Freya in this chapter

*Freya's P.O.V*

I was very bored. I didn't get bored often but when I did, it was terrible for everyone around me. I had too much energy and nowhere to get rid of it. Thankfully, for everyone's sake, I wasn't regressed this morning. Even without being regressed, I could tell I was getting on Taylor's nerves.

"Can't you go do something?" Taylor asked, staring at me with annoyance. "Like jumping off a cliff," she muttered as she took a sip of her coffee. Taylor wasn't really a morning person, she took a while to wake up most days.

"I wish I could because then I would get to be outside," I said as I looked down at my plate, taking a bite of my scrambled eggs. "I really miss going to the village, I want more things," I sighed as I rested my head on my hands with a pout.

"Oh yes, things. Everyone wants to buy more things," Taylor said sarcastically, glaring at me when I kicked her in the leg for her rudeness. She knew I liked buying random things from the shops, it was fun to collect a bunch of different items. "Kick me again and I'll tell your Mommy," she whispered under her breath.

"Tell her what? That you were being rude to her baby for no reason?" I questioned as I leaned back in my seat, rocking my chair slightly by pushing the tips of my shoes against the ground.

"That you haven't been wearing pull-ups like you're supposed to," Taylor retorted, making my eyes widen. How did she know that? I hadn't told her that and I had done my own laundry to hide the fact that I was still having accidents. The only time I wore pull-ups was when I knew Lady Dimitrescu wasn't busy and would have time to check that I was wearing one. It had worked so far, she still didn't know.

"Shut up," I whispered under my breath. "She can hear everything, don't you know that?" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest while glaring at her. I looked down at the bracelet I had been given, pouting at the fact she thought I needed to be kept track of.

"Not my fault you chose to have a mommy with super hearing," Taylor shrugged her shoulders as she finished breakfast. "I have a job to go do unlike you," she stated simply as she lifted her plate up.

"Can I accompany you?" I questioned after a moment as I looked at her hopefully.

"Why do you want to hang out with me? Why not your Mommy or sisters?" Taylor questioned as I picked up my plate and followed her into the kitchen.

"Lady Dimitrescu is busy because Lady Beneviento is visiting and the girls are in the meeting too," I answered honestly. "Apparently she's the favorite out of the group of Lords," I said honestly.

"Lady Beneviento is here? How come we weren't told?" Taylor questioned as she washed her plate. I emptied the rest of my plate into the trash, taking it to the sink. She moved to dry her plate and I started to wash mine off, taking my time to do it.

"Only the head maid was told as far as I know," I said honestly. "I've heard Lady Beneviento is quite a private person so they have been keeping everyone who knows to a minimum," I informed her honestly.

"How come you aren't in the meeting?" Taylor questioned, making me frown. Lady Dimitrescu had asked that I listen to her this time and not intrude on the meeting so I had listened, if only to avoid a spanking.

"Didn't want to go, sounded boring," I stated honestly as I shrugged my shoulders. I looked out the kitchen window with a small frown on my lips. "I miss going outside," I muttered as I sighed softly, drying my plate off. Maybe I could go outside for a little bit, Lady Dimitrescu wouldn't know.

"Freya, no," Taylor said, making me look at her with confusion. "I know what you are thinking about doing and it's a terrible idea," she stated.

"I wasn't even thinking about doing something," I sulked as I sat my clean plate down.

"Lies, I could see it in your eyes. I'm telling you if you do what I think you are going to do then there will be no saving your ass from being grass," Taylor stated simply. "That's like her number one rule for you, it won't end well for you if you break it," she said.

"She wouldn't even know," I muttered under my breath. "Fine, I won't do it," I said, crossing my fingers behind my back. What Taylor didn't know wouldn't hurt her and more importantly it wouldn't hurt me.

"Good," Taylor said as she glanced out the window. "Are you going to follow me around still?" she questioned as she looked at me curiously.

"No, I changed my mind. I'm going to check on the plants in the greenhouse and then go read in the library. Dani introduced me to a really good book the other day," I said. I was being partially honest, I was going to the greenhouse and I would go to the library later to read.

"Alright, try not to get in trouble," Taylor said as she left me alone. I nibbled my bottom lip as I left the kitchen and headed to the greenhouse, a small smile on my lips. As soon as I entered the greenhouse, I shut the door and locked it. Better to be safe rather than sorry after all.

I wrapped my extra coat I kept in my fort around me, tugging the hood of it up to cover my face as I went to the greenhouse door at the opposite end. Lady Dimitrescu still hadn't fixed the lock yet which I was thankful for. I pushed it open carefully, looking out the door curiously. I slipped out the gap, letting the door shut behind me.

I shivered slightly at the cold air that nipped at my face, relishing in the feeling after being cooped up for so long. I couldn't contain my excitement as I flopped into the snow, laying there for a couple minutes. My hair whipped into my face as I sat up, feeling the cold start to soak into my clothes. I didn't get cold very easily but I knew that staying in the snow wouldn't be something I would be able to do for long.

An icicle fell from the greenhouse and I looked up to see a crow sitting on the roof. The crow cawed softly, making me roll my eyes. I didn't trust crows, not after last time I got in a staring contest with one. I made a few snow angels, slowly getting farther from the greenhouse and into the garden.

The crow's caws got increasingly more annoying until finally I looked at it with annoyance. "What do you want?" I asked, watching as it took flight and circled around me before flying through the garden, heading straight to the house. It perched on Lady Dimitrescu's study and I shivered as I looked up from the crow, my eyes meeting a very familiar pair of golden ones. "Fuck me," I cursed as I flopped into the snow, a groan escaping my lips. Couldn't I get a break for once in my life?