Chapter 12

*Freya's P.O.V*

I woke up to the sound of soft humming, feeling a hand patting my bottom. My eyes fluttered open and I smiled softly up at Lady Dimitrescu. Her other hand was busy cradling me as she watched me with a small smile.

"No matter how much you try and nurse sweet girl there isn't going to be any milk," she said wryly, making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I flushed when I realized that I was trying to nurse through her night gown and spit the fabric out, accidentally burying my face in her breast when I tried to hide my face.

"Mommy mean," I whined tiredly as I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand, wiping away the last of the sleep that lingered in my eyes.

"Oh yes, I am so mean," Lady Dimitrescu said as she gently ran her fingers through my hair, working her fingers through the tangles with ease. "Now Mommy needs to get ready, can she trust you to stay on the bed and out of trouble?" she questioned as she tilted my head with her finger, staring down at me with an arched eyebrow.

"I stay here," I said as I smiled softly at her. "Can't promise to stay out of trouble," I shrugged as she sat me down on her bed. I curled up under the blankets, intending on going back to bed as I felt the bed move when she got up.

I had nearly fallen asleep when the phone rang. I peeked out from under the blankets and watched as Lady Dimitrescu answered the phone, her tone rapidly changing when she realized who she was talking to. She didn't seem to really like who she was talking to at all, I hadn't caught the name of the person she was talking to though.

I pulled the blanket back over my head, deciding that it might just be best to mind my business. I whined when a couple minutes later the blanket was pulled off of me. I pouted when she lifted me up, holding me close.

"It's time for breakfast," Lady Dimitrescu said as she gently patted my back. I looked up at her tiredly as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Don't pout my darling," she said as she gently scratched my back. My pout deepened when I saw that she had pinned her hair back in order to wear her hat. How was I supposed to play with her hair now?

"I sleepy," I muttered as I closed my eyes, hiding my face in her neck. A soft chuckle escaped her as she adjusted her hold on me. I managed to nearly fall asleep in the time it took her to actually get to the dining room. I only opened my eyes to look around because I had never been in the Dimitrescu's dining room, my curiosity outweighed my sleepiness.

"How is she?" I heard Daniela ask from her seat, her eyes staring at me with concern. I smiled at her hesitantly, cuddling into Lady Dimitrescu.

"She is fine, a little bruised from the man-things grip on her but it doesn't seem to be bothering her," Lady Dimitrescu said as she sat down, letting me sit on her lap. I stared down at the hand that was holding me there and tapped her hand.

"Kitty cat claws," I said as I inspected her hand, whining when they didn't appear. I looked up at Lady Dimitrescu who stared down at me with a soft smile. "Kitty cat claws," I repeated as I tapped her hand.

"I think she wants to see your kitty cat claws Mother," Cassandra said, a laugh escaping her lips. I nodded my head in agreement, looking up at Lady Dimitrescu with a pleading expression.

"Not going to happen, it's an unnecessary risk to have them out," Lady Dimitrescu said, making me pout. I was supposed to get my way, that's how the whole being a baby thing worked. She was just being mean by not letting me have my way.

"Mean kitty cat," I whispered, glancing at Cassandra who nodded her head in agreement. I curled into Lady Dimitrescu as the food was brought out, watching what the girls ate curiously. There were chunks of red meat that were still bleeding and Bela seemed to be the only one actually using a fork to eat.

"Let's get you fed darling," Lady Dimitrescu said as she turned me away from watching them, holding a bowl of oatmeal. I grabbed the spoon and haphazardly shoved it into my mouth, giggling at the expression on her face. "Perhaps I should feed you little one," she said as she took the spoon from my hand, carefully scooping more oatmeal out of the bowl and bringing it to my lips.

"Mother, who called this morning?" Bela asked after a couple of minutes. I looked up at Lady Dimitrescu curiously as she paused in feeding me, setting the spoon in the bowl.

"Heisenberg will be visiting this weekend, he has news of the Ceremony that must be discussed in person apparently," Lady Dimitrescu said. I pulled the bowl of oatmeal closer to me, picking up the spoon to continue feeding myself.

"Where he goes his lycans follow though. They won't be allowed on the grounds will they?" Daniela asked, sounding concerned. "Mother that isn't safe for Faye," she stated.

"Yes, Daniela I know," Lady Dimitrescu said as she pulled me close, making me drop my spoon on the floor. "They will not be allowed on the grounds but they are far too close for my comfort and I am trusting you three to keep Faye as far away as possible during those times," she stated. I dipped my hand into the oatmeal and started to feed myself. If Daniela and Cassandra used their hands to eat then so could I.

"Mmm enlightening conversation, the child has her hands in her oatmeal," Bela said, making me glare at her. Why'd she have to tattletale for? I was just finishing my breakfast.

"Faye darling," Lady Dimitrescu sighed as she pulled my hand out of the oatmeal bowl. I giggled as I reached up and touched her face, getting oatmeal on it.

"No be mad kitty cat," I said as I patted her face, pouting when she pulled my hand away gently.

"You are trouble," Lady Dimitrescu said, ignoring my pout as she used a napkin to clean my hands. I nodded my head in agreement with a serious expression on my face