Chapter 21

*Freya's P.O.V*

I scrambled up, leaving the other maid on the ground as I wiped the blood off my face. I had hoped to hide what happened from Lady Dimitrescu but it seems like always that she knew what was going on. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and winced when I felt the cut, apparently my lip had been split in the fight.

"Mary said something that upset Freya who then threw the first punch," one of the other maids said. I looked at the maid on the ground, my eyes narrowing slightly. Mary, it was good I knew her name now.

"She insulted you, My Lady," I stated before an idea occurred to me. I knew exactly how to play on what happened in this situation. "Your daughters as well," I said as I watched Mary stand up, a small but vindictive smirk on my lips. Everyone knew how protective the Lady was over her daughters.

"Is that so?" Lady Dimitrescu asked, her voice trailing off into a soft growl. I shuddered at the noise, was it my imagination or were her teeth pointy? I shook it off as I watched the girls swarm into the room, their flies buzzing with excitement as they formed.

"I told you they were monsters," Mary whispered, her words reaching them though. I noticed the way Bela and Cassandra stiffened at her words but it was the look of hurt in Daniela's eyes that made me act. I spun to face her and my fist slammed into her face. I tackled her to the ground and repeatedly punched her, a frown on my lips.

"Don't talk about my sisters like that you bitch," I hissed out as I felt hands on my shoulders trying to pull me away. It took all three of the girls to pull me off of Mary, I spit in her face before they managed to fully pull me off of her.

"I told you this one was a crazy badass," Cassandra whispered as she wrapped her arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground to keep me from getting back to Mary.

"Freya, calm down," Daniela said as she looked me in the eyes, a look of concern on her face. "I think you got her little fairy," she said as she wiped the blood off of my face. My face burned from the cuts that were inflicted on it from her nails, my head throbbing from her tight hold on my hair. I knew I would be bruised but I didn't care, no one insulted my sisters.

"Give me your little sister, I will tend to her injuries while you treat our newest maid to the cellar," Lady Dimitrescu said as she gently pulled me out of Cassandra's arms. I squirmed lightly in her hold as I hid my face behind my long hair. Something told me that she wouldn't approve of my fighting.

I clutched her dress tightly, my fingers digging into her shoulder slightly as she carried me away. I paid no attention to where we were going but I was snapped out of my thoughts when she sat me down. I was sat on her vanity, my legs dangling off the edge. She disappeared in her room and came back after a moment with a wet washcloth.

"Did you have to get into a fight, little one?" she questioned as she gently pressed the washcloth against my face. I winced the burn that seemed to come from whatever was coming off the cloth and I looked down at the floor to avoid her gaze.

"She insulted my family, no one insults my family," I said simply as she put her finger underneath my chin and tilted my head up. I whined as she cleaned the cuts thoroughly, small whimpers escaping me.

"Violence is not the answer to everything," Lady Dimitrescu said simply, making me snort slightly.

"Violence is your response to everything," I muttered, earning a soft huff from her.

"Do you just enjoy arguing with me little one?" she questioned as she held my head in place while wiping the blood off of my chin.

"Not arguing, was just telling the truth," I pointed out as she hummed in acknowledgment.

"Regardless of how you feel about how I react to certain situations, you agreed to be a daughter of House Dimitrescu," she pointed out. I didn't see why she had to point that out, that didn't really affect me when I was big I had assumed. "Did you assume that that only applied to when you were regressed?" she questioned.

"Yes," I muttered reluctantly, my eyes trailing up her stoic face to meet her gaze.

"You are a daughter of House Dimitrescu whether you are regressed or not, as the Lady of the house and as your mother, I will not allow you to put yourself in danger each time you lose your temper," Lady Dimitrescu said, my cheeks flushed at the fact that she had referred to herself as my mother. I hadn't thought that I would be gaining a mother both in and out of my regression. "You are fragile, I do not wish for you to get hurt," she said, her voice trailing off as she stared into my eyes.

"I wouldn't get hurt," I muttered, yelping when her finger gently touched one of the scratches on my face. "Point made," I said as I pushed her hand away, looking away with a pout on my lips.

"So stubborn, I can see why Cassandra has claimed you as her new favorite sister," Lady Dimitrescu chuckled as she helped me down from her vanity, her hand resting on my shoulder. She called for Daniela who was in the room a moment later, looking at me with concern.

"I'm fine Dani, just a little sore," I reassured her as she wrapped her arms around me tightly in a hug.

"Daniela, please take your sister to her new room and have one of the maids bring an ice pack to her. Perhaps we can keep the bruising to a minimum," Lady Dimitrescu said, a small smile on her lips when I looked back at her. Her eyes darkened as she stood up. "I have to go deal with the mayor's daughter, let's hope his other children are not as foolish as her," she chuckled, her voice deep and dark.