Chapter 45

*Freya's P.O.V*

"You had a girlfriend and you didn't tell me?" Taylor asked as I dragged her along with me.

"It never came up, besides we weren't anything serious. The most we did was kiss," I retorted simply as I stopped in the main foyer. I could feel Taylor's heart beat racing so I decided to stop before she could have a heart attack.

"You had a girlfriend and didn't tell me?" Taylor repeated her questions. I could tell she was a little upset with me so I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"You're right, I'm sorry," I said simply as I bowed my head. "I didn't think it was a big deal, I was going to tell you but we ended up breaking it off so I didn't think it mattered," I said softly.

"You and I are going to talk later but I'll forgive you for now, only because Lady Dimitrescu sounds quite mad at you as it is," she stated. I nodded my head in understanding as I watched her leave, probably to go see Mother Miranda.

"Did you really have a little girlfriend that used to sneak up here to see you?" Daniela asked from behind me. I squealed in surprise as I spun around, my wings smacking her in the shoulder.

"Yes, why is everyone asking that?" I questioned with a pout on my lips.

"Mainly because everyone heard Mother's desk breaking," Bela said from behind me. I squealed again as I spun around to face. She ducked my wing before it could hit her.

"This family has serious issues with scaring me, it is so not okay," I muttered as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Mother's coming this way," Daniela said as she tilted her head. I could hear her as well, my hearing picking up the sound of her steps. I swarmed upwards, forming again when I was on the chandelier.

I was just in time as well because as soon as I was out of reach, Alcina came down the stairs. She looked quite upset however she hadn't seen me so I was clearly in the clear. I stayed up on the chandelier, precariously sitting on it once she reached the bottom of the steps.

"Where is she?" Alcina asked Daniela. Daniela refused to meet her mother's gaze for a moment before looking up at me. Alcina followed her gaze and I gulped softly, shrinking under her gaze. "Get down," Alcina ordered.

"I can't do that, you are angry with me and I don't like surrounding myself with that type of negativity," I stated simply. That only served to make her angrier and I reluctantly swarmed down to meet her in the foyer. "You can't be mad at me, your rules were never to bring someone into the castle and I didn't. I met her in the stables so no rules were broken," I said simply as I looked up at her.

"I say we put her in the cellar," Cassandra said from the top of the stairs. I turned to glare at her, sticking my tongue out when she flipped me off.

"Of course you want me to be put in the cellar, you're just mad cause I get more bitches than you," I retorted, making her gasp. Alcina cleared her throat and I turned to face her. "You didn't hear that," I said simply.

"I did and you're grounded," Alcina said. I huffed softly as I looked up at her.

"How does that work? I can't leave this house without dying anyways," I retorted as I collapsed on the ground dramatically.

"I'll find a way," Alcina said as she rolled her eyes slightly.

"To make my life miserable, I know," I said simply as kicked the ground. "Because you're mean and a bully," I retorted as my wings spread out on the ground. Daniela sat down beside me, patting my head gently.

"It's okay Faye, you get used to the tyranny after a while," Daniela informed me. I smiled as I laid my head on her lap, feeling her fingers run through my hair.

"See, even Daniela agrees you're a tyrant," Heisenberg said from the doorway. I tilted my head back to look at him.

"You're an old man with a god complex, you have no room to talk," I said simply as I rolled my eyes. Daniela laughed at my description of him as I reached up to touch her hair. "Shh, you have mommy issues," I said simply.

"The child is mean now," Heisenberg said observantly. Daniela had stopped playing with my hair as she pouted at me.

"The Cadou gave her an attitude problem," Alcina said simply.

"Cool, don't care. Anyways big bitch, the old crow wants to see you. Something about the Ceremony. Honestly, I didn't care enough to listen to her," Heisenberg said simply.

"You always say such lovely things about me Karl," Mother Miranda said. It was funny to watch him jump at her suddenly appearing behind him.

"Damn, what did you drink to be so sneaky," Heisenberg said as he tapped his metal hammer against the ground. I snorted softly as I rolled so that I was laying on my stomach, resting my head on my hands as I watched the byplay.

"You're just not observant," Mother Miranda said simply. "The...thing will be here soon, I trust you will do your duty and make sure it's safe," she said, pausing at the beginning of her sentence when she saw me. I pouted slightly as I huffed.

"Now who's keeping secrets?" I said as I looked at Alcina. "This family is so hypocritical, you all suck except for Angie. Donna's cool too I guess," I said as I pushed myself up.

"You prefer that fucked up little thing over me?" Heisenberg asked, looking mock offended.

"I would prefer getting murdered by a lycan over spending any time with you," I said simply as I stood up. "I'm going to hang out with Angie, bye bitches," I said as I swarmed out of the room. I heard Daniela cackle when I left, hearing Alcina's long suffering sigh.