Chapter 35

*Freya's P.O.V*

"Why did you call her that?" Mommy asked as she lifted me up so that the back of my head was resting on her chest. Her arms were wrapped around me securely as I looked around. Donna was sitting next to us with Angie on her lap. Uncle Heisenberg was across the room, sitting next to Mother Miranda. Then there was Lord Moreau sitting next to him. I had met Lord Moreau before, he was very nice to me. I wondered if he would be my uncle too.

"I know everything Alcina darling," Mother Miranda said as she leaned back in her chair as she smirked slightly. "Your little one is quite fond of the birdies," she stated as she rested her hands in her lap.

"The crows," Mommy whispered as I squirmed until she sat me down on her lap. I squirmed to sit on the edge of her lap, looking at Mother Miranda curiously. She could turn into birds, that was really flipping cool. Flipping was my way to get around Mommy's new swearing rule cause it wasn't technically a bad word.

"Indeed," Mother Miranda said as she smiled slightly. "Now, when were you planning on telling me about your side project?" she said as she glanced at me. I waved at her shyly as I swung my legs back and forth.

"She isn't a side project, she is my daughter," Mommy said as she gently ran her fingers through my hair. I leaned into her touch slightly while glancing between her and Mother Miranda.

"Oh really? A human is your newest daughter?" Mother Miranda said as she arched a delicate eyebrow. I could see why everyone was kind of scared of her, she scared me a tiny bit. I was more curious about the fact she could turn into crows though.

"Yes, is there a problem with that?" Mommy asked as she frowned slightly.

"Even if I did have a problem with it, you wouldn't give her up even if I commanded it," Mother Miranda said. I slid off of Mommy's lap and toddled over to Mother Miranda. She looked down at me curiously as I held my hands up. "Don't you know you're supposed to be scared of me little bird?" she questioned.

"Uppies," I said as I held my arms up even more. She chuckled darkly as she lifted me up, letting me sit on her lap. I inspected her curiously, looking up at her with a small smile.

"You have no sense of self preservation do you?" she questioned as her finger gently ran down my face. I leaned into her touch curiously as I smiled happily. "You also appear to not be able to behave," she said with a small smirk. I pouted slightly as I looked at her. How did she know that? I didn't misbehave that much around the birds.

"I can behave, don't want to though," I said honestly as I cuddled into her. I rested my head on her arm as I closed my eyes. "Alcina is fun to annoy," I murmured under my breath.

"I agree," Mother Miranda said, sounding slightly amused.

"Don't call me by my first name," Mommy said, her tone showing annoyance.

"Okay Dimitrescu," I giggled at the soft growl that escaped Mommy.

"I'd watch yourself little one, I have no issue with your mommy leaving this meeting or even staying in this meeting to punish you," Mother Miranda said, making me open my eyes as I looked at her with a pout. "You remind me of my Eveline, always misbehaving and expecting no punishment," she murmured.

"I not always misbehave," I told her honestly as I crossed my arms over my chest. I turned away slightly as I put my thumb into my mouth.

"You misbehave most of the time," Mother Miranda said softly as she gently ran her fingers through my hair. "Come get your child Alcina," she stated. I shook my head as I leaned into Mother Miranda.

"No, rule is I get to cuddle with my new friends," I sulked as I looked up at her. She arched an eyebrow as she looked down at me.

"You consider me one of your new friends?" Mother Miranda questioned as she tilted her head slightly. I nodded my head, wasn't that what I just said? Sometimes I swear these people couldn't hear me when I spoke. "You intrigue me little bird, not many managed to do that," she stated.

"You're not going to," Uncle Heisenberg said, making me glance at him in confusion. "You can't use the Cadou on her like you did us, it'd kill Alcina to watch her child go through that," he stated.

"I never said I would use the Cadou on her," Mother Miranda said as she leaned back slightly, changing her hold on me so that she was cradling me.

"We all know what happens to people that interest you," Uncle Heisenberg said as he looked at me. "You can't do it to her, she wouldn't survive it," he stated.

"I had no plans to use it on her, I still do not have plans to use it on her," Mother Miranda said as wings sprouted from her back. She sounded upset although that wasn't the main concern at the moment. The woman had flipping wings? I thought people were joking when they said that.

"Can you fly?" I asked as I reached out and touched one of her wings with a small smile. "So cool," I whispered as I tilted my head back to stare at the wing with great interest.

"I can," Mother Miranda said as she took a deep breath, gently moving her wing closer to my face so I could study it. I stared at it with great interest, slowly getting lost in the way the light made the black feathers blue in some places. It was so pretty to watch, almost hypnotizing. My eyes fluttered close as my head leaned forward. I jerked it back to try and keep watch only to have her hand move to support my head. "Sleep," she murmured gently, causing my eyes to flutter close again.