twenty two

—ethan

‘i really like you.’

a sentence so simple yet when he wants to say it, his mouth shuts itself and refuses to speak. his voice disappears and he starts feeling like a teenager again, scared to face the person he likes.

so now that he's sitting in a quiet corner of the old fortress' court next to luisa eating ice cream, he's flirting with the idea of finally asking the long awaited question.

he clears his throat.

“luisa, do you remember what you told me last night at the bar?”

the girl takes one last spoonful of ice cream and places the small cup on her side, diverting her attention to ethan.

he is anxiously playing with the hem of his shirt, though he is doing his best to hide it.

“i do.” she says in the end, her big brown eyes having an excited shine in them. “why?”

“because i think i'm falling for you too.” he says, watching the girl stay unfazed.

“i know.” she says calmly, enjoying the confusion on his face.

“you know?”

“yes, you told me last night.” she says and smiles even wider when the realization hits the italian, who sits back as the memory comes back to him.

“so what do we do?”

“see how things go?” she shrugs.

“that sounds like a good plan.” he says and watches her lips form a big smile. at this moment, he feels like he will melt just by looking at her.

the sun is hitting her face, making her tanned skin look like honey, as it has the same shade of golden as her face.

“you're beautiful.” he says and she pulls him into a kiss, their smiles making it hard but they don't stop anyways.

when luisa pulls away, she looks around.

“are you worried of being seen?”

she nods. “i don't care about me, but about you.”

“if i cared about being seen, i wouldn't be here right now with you.” he says sweetly. “and as hard as we try, they'll spot us eventually so...”

luisa can't help but smile again, her cheeks aching.

but she is happy nonetheless, her vibrant aura passing its energy to ethan, who cannot help but be grateful to have a girl like her by his side.

the problems they will have to solve are for now distant, as if letting them create their precious moments before their inevitable separation, waiting for its time to come.

.

.

.
i think this story is close to ending
it has to be one of my longest stories fr