twenty four

—luisa

their lips connect one last time, with all the passion they have collected in these few weeks together.

“i promise i'll see you again.” he says after they've pulled away.

she nods and gives him one last tight hug before hopping onto the motorcycle with anastasia and putting on her helmet.

luisa and kostas drive off first, leading the band to the main road. they drive side by side for a few kilometers, and then the italians cut to the left and head towards the town, yelling ‘arrivederci’, their words travelling with the wind.

luisa manages to steal one last glance of them and she focuses on the road, refusing to turn her head again as much as she wants to.

she wants to cry, she wants to turn right here and there and go with them, tag along and go back with ethan to italy.
but she knows that's not possible, so she just keeps driving.

~~~~

—ethan

similarly to luisa, he also turns to look at her as she's quickly getting smaller and smaller into the distance.

his stomach is tied in a knot. he hates having to let go of people.

his life makes it hard to maintain good relationships outside of work, so promising luisa that they will meet again, while he really means it, is unlikely.

but he's not one to give up at the first difficulty.
so he promises to both her and himself, that one way or the other, they'll reunite.

when they get to the hotel, he takes a quick shower and packs up the few remaining things he's left around in the room.

he then, checks to see if he's all set, gets dressed and leaves the room. at the lobby his friends are already waiting for him, all their luggage in hand as they get escorted by the hotel staff to a black minivan and head off to the airport.

after waiting in line for what felt like forever, they finally passed all security checks and soon they find themselves on the plane.

and as the plane takes off, ethan allows himself to trail off and think about the past weeks as the island fades away with every moment that passes.

.END.