6. First Meeting.

***Arya's POV.***

I have my breakfast quickly and go to look at Veer as he is teething, and it is making him very whiny. It is 10 in the morning and Mami and Nani have gone to buy things for tonight.

We have invited them for dinner, so they took two hours in the morning to decide what to make. They are also buying things in case I say yes to this relationship. They are very excited and also wanted me to join, but I refused as I have pending work and also Veer needs me.

Veer is really irritated, so I massage his gum after cleaning my hand. Then I gave him a teething ring, which I had put in the refrigerator so it could get chilled and help him. He finally gets soothed enough to sleep.

"How is he?" Shaurya Bhai asks when he comes home in the afternoon.

"Finally sleeping." I say and give a glass of water. He is worried because Veer could not sleep half of the night.

"Thank God and you. I was worried that he would get ill." He says and drinks the water after sitting down.

"He is fine. I can't believe he is going to be a year old in three months." I say and sit beside my brother.

"Yes. I can't either. He is growing up." Shaurya bhai says with a serious look on his face.

"And it is not good, why?" I ask.

"Soon you will get married then Dadu will start finding girls for us brothers. He is hell bent on finding a girl who would not only be my wife but also a mother to Veer. But I doubt he would find a girl who would accept my son as hers and give him unconditional love unless that girl is a bit like you." Shaurya bhai says.

"What if she is much better than me? What if she loves Veer more than you? Because I think Nanu would find someone like that for sure. I just hope you don't get jealous then." I say as I try to assure him.

"I don't think a girl's heart would be that big to sacrifice her life for a baby which is not even hers in the first place." Shaurya bhai says as he gets up and as he leaves for his room, I pray to God to prove him wrong that there is no limit to a woman's heart.

As I get up to go to my room, Nani enters with the driver and one more servant who are carrying bags with them in both hands. Mami enters after them with a small bag and is busy with talking on the phone. I bring water for them too.

"What is this, Aru? You have not gotten ready yet." Mami says as she takes the glass.

"It is just four. They would not be here till 7, Mami. I will be ready before it." I say.

"I know you would be ready by then but we have to select what you should wear. You should look simple but beautiful and not too showy also." Mami says.

"Yes. I think she should wear something in blue." Nani says.

"No, Mummy Ji. She should wear white. It would look decent on her. It suits her more than any color. I will help her get ready after we prepare some dishes." Mami says.

"You're right. White would be good. And Kavya don't worry about cooking. I will guide the maids and help make some dishes. You focus on Aru only. Also Aru, you have to make one dish, especially something sweet." Nani says.

After that dictation, everything runs fast. First I make mango phirni and also help in making some sabzi too when Nani and Mami get distracted with Veer. Mami tugs my ear lightly and takes me to my room around 6.

As we only have an hour left and most of the work is complete, Mami wholly concentrates on my outfit. She takes out many clothes but none of them is best for me according to her. She comes down to three white dresses I have. One has golden embroidery, the second has blue in it and the last one is sharara with pink dupatta.