11. A Piece Of Past.

***Vedant's POV.***

As I put the ring on Arya's finger, I realize this was it. Now I'm bound to this woman half way. And I'm not the type of man who would ever take a step back. I ditched those notions long ago. I believe in moving forward. And I somehow feel moving forward with this woman would lead to wonderful things in life.

Arya looks exquisite today. But most beautiful is her smile that makes her the center of attraction of this party. But then another centre comes. My Mom. Today her smile is also incomparable. She is like a butterfly today.

I told her before coming here that she should not walk around too much as she twisted her ankle yesterday evening. She says she is fine but I know better. She must have taken medicine for her pain so she can enjoy her only son's engagement. Mothers are so strong.

I smile as I look at her and often see her wincing. Enough is enough. I get up and excuse myself to my beautiful fiancee so I can see that my beautiful mother rests for sometime. For goodness sake the groom's mother is supposed to be with attitude and my Mom has that but never shows it in the right place. She's funny that way and that's what I love the most.

"Mom." I say as she talks with some of Arya's relatives.

"Son, what are you doing here? Go back to the stage and keep Arya some company." Mom says.

"I will but I need some help." I say.

"What help?" Mom asks.

"Please excuse us. We will be back soon." I say and take her hand, "Come, Mom."

"But where are we going? I've yet to meet Arya's Mami's side of the family." She says.

"Yes, yes. But first, sit here." I say and wave at Parth.

"Do you want anything, Jiju?" Parth says with a big smile like he is trying to tease me with that name.

"Yes. I want you to entertain my Mom more like keep her busy till I bring some dinner for her here. Can you do that?" I ask.

"Come on, Ved. I have to see to the guests." Mom complains and as if Parth understands he stops her and gestures to me to go.

"What about me then, Aunty? You didn't talk to me at all. And also I can tell you about Arya's hobbies and what she likes." Parth says as I leave.

"Really. So can you tell me what sweets she likes the most?" She asks and I know my Mom is distracted well for now.

Mom is obsessed with Arya now-a-days a lot. She is eager to know her daughter-in-law. So Parth was right to target that point. I go to a buffet stall and find some of Mom's favourite food items. I fill the plate and Mama Ji stops me.

"Vedant, did your Mom eat anything? We are going to have dinner so I thought of inviting her to eat with us all at the same table." Mama Ji says and Mami Ji stands near him.

"That's great, Mama Ji. I'm taking this plate for her only. It would be great if she has some company. And Mami Ji if you don't mind please make sure she finishes it. Also she injured her leg last evening so it is better if she sits for sometime." I ask.

"Of course, son. I'll make sure she rests for now and finishes every bite of this plate." She says and takes the plate with her.

I fill another plate for Mama Ji while he fills a plate for Mami Ji. After I have seen her sitting and enjoying the company of Mama Ji and Mami Ji as she has dinner, I go in search of Dadu and Dadi. They are in their old groups and enjoying their time.