26. New Morning.

***Vedant's POV.***

I feel the sunlight in my eyes as I open it and feel a soft, comforting weight on my chest. The weight I missed the day before last night. I take her hand in mine and place a kiss on her palm.

Last night, I told her everything. Everything that weighed down on me for so many years. And after I told her all that, she still looked at me like I was the same person before saying all those things. She didn't feel disgusted by my past. She didn't judge me. She stayed.

I look at the new morning. The morning in which I feel light and no burden on my heart. Then I look at the light of my life, which I don't want to lose anymore. She stretches a little and I tighten my arms around her. She opens her eyes and blinks it twice before looking up at me with a smile.

"Good morning." She says and stretches some more, so I loosen my arms.

"Good morning." I say and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"Good." I say and my eyes go to her lush lips.

I bend to kiss her, but the next second my face lands on the bed. I open my eyes and look up to see her holding her laugh back.

"I have yet to brush my teeth. Bye." She says and gets into the bathroom.

I lay back on the bed, then get up and go to the common bathroom to brush my teeth. Before my wife leaves the room, I will kiss her. I want to. Mom sees me and I wave at her before going back to my room. She looks at me in confusion.

As soon as I get in our room, I see her back to me as she straightens the bedsheets. After locking the door behind me, I see her go still. I move a little closer to her and put my hands on her waist. I put her hair on one side and nuzzled her neck. Her sweet scent is intoxicating and fills my senses.

Her breath becomes shallow and I like the blush spreading from her face to down to her neck. I kiss her collarbone and turn her around. As soon as I see her lips, I lose control and taste their lushness.

Arya's arms come around my shoulder and dive into my hair while I tighten my arms around her waist and pull her closer. I trace her lips and deepen the kiss. She moans and I wrap one of her legs around my waist as I lay her down on bed and kiss the side of her lips then her cheeks.

I lay kisses down her neck as I open the top buttons of her nightgown. The top of her bosoms are visible. They are lush and soft and blushing. I look up at her and see her looking at me in anticipation. And maybe a little fear too. I kiss her chest where her heart is, then close the button, give a small peck on the lips, then get up.

"I'll get ready." I say with a smile, and she nods, looking anywhere but at me.

I take a cold shower and think about taking a little slow with my wife. We both want this but there is no need to rush these things, especially since my wife is new to all this and she should enjoy every mthis,oment‌.

After I come out and comb my hair, my eyes go to the rakhis around my wrist. I look at them to see their initials on every rakhi. Arya gave it to me last night without saying, or expecting anything. I have yet to give them any gifts in return. I know material things would do nothing. But the emotional one would be more important. I take out the red box from the bottom drawer of my closet.

"Where are you going? Aren't you coming down for breakfast?" Arya asks as I go opposite of the stairs.

"I have something to do." I say, showing the box, and after a second, she nods with a smile and goes down.