8. So Much Shopping.

***Arya's POV.***

The elders are discussing the rituals and think about which days would be good to arrange it on. While Mayra and I go to her room when Veer gets fussy and also to change his diaper.

"Your room looks so beautiful." I say as I look around while she plays with Veer.

"Thanks." She says.

"You really are getting along well with him. Otherwise, it is tough for strangers to become his favorite." I say.

"That is because I am a family now. Right, Veer?" Mayra says as she makes weird faces at him and I laugh at her antiques.

We hear knocking on the door and look that way to see Vedant. Mayra smiles widely when she sees him, while he looks uncomfortable as he looks around.

"I was thinking of giving you a tour of the house." He said.

"Oh! Sure." I say and look at Mayra.

"You go ahead. I will keep him company." Mayra says as she keeps making weird faces at him.

"Okay." I say and walk up to him.

"This way." He says and I start walking beside him.

As we walk in silence, there is some kind of awkwardness that I felt between him and his sister and now also between us. I feel too shy to even look at him. I am not going to start any conversation as I don't know what I will say.

"I saw the designs and they are great but I wanted you to make some minor changes." He finally says something a minute later.

"Sure." I say with a smile.

"Do you want to take a look at it right now? Because after today you would be way too busy to even look at any other thing." Vedant says with a smile.

"Why?" I ask frowning.

"You forgot that you are punjabi." He says with a raise of his one brow.

"No. I just remembered that we would be shopping for whatever days there are left." I say with a sigh.

"Yes. Not only you but I will go through that too. Mom and Dadi will make sure that I become that small boy who used to try fifty outfits. I will be their model for a few days." Vedant says and shakes his head and chuckles.

"My family will not spare me for sure too. I think we would have to stay at a boutique for a whole day and still won't find what we want until the last day." I say and laugh with him as we enter his study room.

"You sit here. I will bring the blueprints and laptop." He says and takes a chair out for me to sit.

I sit down and see him move around his study room. He moves so gracefully that my eyes follow him everywhere. He gives me the blueprint I sent and opens the laptop to give me new suggestions that he wants me to apply.

"And about my room," He says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"As it is going to be our room soon, you can make changes that you like." He says and I look down in shyness.

"Okay." I say.

"You look..." He starts to say but stops.

"I look what?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says with a smile and shakes his head.

"No. Tell me. Is there something on my face?" I ask and put my hands on my face to check if there is anything.