37. Opening Up.

***Vedant's POV.***

"Harsh, are you married?" I ask my secretary as we are sitting in my cabin.

He looks up and thinks for a few seconds and asks, "Would my answer affect my job?"

"If it does, will you lie?" I ask, raising my brows at his smartness. "Just answer honestly."

"Fine, Sir. I am single." He says.

"Then you are useless." I mumble.

"What?" He asks in shock.

"I mean, not like this. You are great at your job, but what I want is marriage advice. And the people who could give me are actually my wife's brothers." I say.

"You can at least tell me what it is. I may be of some help. I may not be married, but I had two girlfriends." Harsh says like he has achieved something in life while I look at him in shock and awe.

"When did that happen?" I ask as I take coffee.

"In high school and college." He says.

"And still you are unmarried." I say.

"Just my good luck, sir." He says with a stupid grin, "I mean, one wanted to pursue an education in America, so we broke up mutually. The college one got married to another boy."

"Okay. What do you do when your girlfriend gets upset or is angry with you?" I ask.

"Depends." He says as he sorts through some files.

"On what?" I ask.

"If it was her mistake or mine." He says.

"If it was yours?" I ask.

"Then I will simply say sorry and give her a gift." He says.

"And if it was hers?" I ask.

"Then the gift won't do. Then I have to do something big and apologise to her many times. And also take her shopping." He says, shaking his head as if remembering a terrible memory.

"So in both cases, you have to say sorry?" I ask in astonishment.

"Yes. This is no. 1 rule, Sir. The girlfriend or wife is always right. No matter the situation. And it is also a better way to end the argument." He says.

"Can't we just prove the wife is wrong?" I ask.

"No way. A man should never do that unless he wants a lifetime subscription of a mistake calculator." Harsh says with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"If by any chance you prove ‌she is wrong, she will take out Brahmastra." He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Her tears. Then she will make you feel guilty saying didn't she forgive yours mistakes but you are holding on to her one. Then she will count every mistake you made and she forgave you. That would get really messy." Harsh says.

Well, then I have no other option but to do a big gesture and apologise. My mistakes are even bigger than hers. Actually, she didn't make any mistakes at all. Neither of us were wrong or right, but I crossed a line by saying something I shouldn't have about her family.

I should know that Arya's family is now my family. And somewhere in my heart I know ‌Mayra could not get better in-laws than Mama Ji and Mami Ji. And the way I behaved with her last night must have hurt her.

My lunch comes and with it a note, too. I smile as I think that maybe my ever forgiving wife has forgiven me this time, too. I take out lunch and see that it is karela and lauki, which can mean only one thing: she is angry. The note that I was planning to read later, I picked it up and read it now only.