35. Family Dinner.

My exams were coming, so I didn't update but now they are postponed. Again. Seriously, this is the fourth time this is happening to me. But don't worry, I would finish updating this story by 6 or 7 March. 

Also, I have noticed that my views are more than votes. I know some people just want to enjoy a good story without the pressure of voting. I was like that too. No shame. But I would really appreciate if you could at least give one vote. That much would be okay for me. And a comment would be so lovely. Think about it. No pressure.

Till then take care everyone and be happy.

***Arya's POV.***

As soon as I am back home, I give vegetables to others to chop and go to find Dadu after giving a few more instructions. I find him on the terrace instructing some men for some repairs. He smiles and gestures for me to stay where I am.

"It is a little dangerous here. Let's go down and talk. You look like you want to say something very important. Biru, make sure they are doing it right and they can leave in half an hour. I have already told Vimi to send some tea and snacks for them. She will be here any minute now." Dadu says to our guard.

"Okay, Sir." He says.

"Let's go, dear." Dadu says and I take him to my room to talk privately, "What is it, Aru?"

"I have something very important to discuss with you. When I went to visit my family today, Mami said something." I say.

"What?" He asks and sits on the couch.

"Actually, Nanu thought about it and so did I. But now everyone in my family is thinking about it." I say.

"About what?" He asks in confusion.

"They want to make Mayra their daughter. I mean daughter-in-law, but she would be more of a daughter." I say with a smile.

For a few seconds, Dadu tries to process the information and says, "It is definitely not for Parth, as he is way too young and Reyansh is a few months younger too and just divorced. So are you talking about Shaurya, dear?"

"Yes, Dadu. I know Bhai is a divorcee and has a son, but Mami told me that Mayra is the only one who gets to decide whether she wants to marry Bhai. And not under any type of pressure, but only if she wants to. I thought you could talk to Mayra and the family about it." I say and Dadu says nothing for a few seconds, which makes me nervous.

"That sly old man. I took his precious Arya, so now he wants my Mayra in return." Dadu says and laughs loudly and I sigh, "The thought is way too good. But you are right, it is on Mayra and Shaurya. If they say yes, then I have no problem at all. Just because a man is divorced and a father, it doesn't mean he can't marry. And I have seen Shaurya. He is not only a dutiful son, but an illustrious father. Don't worry, Aru. I will talk to Mayra and I won't mention Veer in this equation."

"Great. We will announce this after dinner, then you talk to her." I say and he nods.

After patting my head, Dadu leaves to call Nanu for a friendly bickering while I go to make a special dinner. While Vimi makes roti, I make lauki halwa and some karela sabzi for Mayra. I also make some kaali dal so Ved won't complain that I love Mayra more than him.

"What's cooking?" Vedant asks and ambushes me just outside the kitchen.

"What are you doing, Ved? Someone would see us." I say and try to break out of his arms.

"You smell weird." He says after sniffing the air.

"Really? This is how you try to be romantic. You smell weird." We hear a voice and look up to see Mayra peeping at us.